Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Moisturizer for Combi(break-out prone) with spf?

Hey guys I have a acne-prone combi skin. Currently Im using Clarins Multi Active cremé. I like it but it gets my skin oily sometimes and there has not been a day that my skin doesnt have a pimple. Anyway, I was hoping if you can suggest a good moisturizer. Now I wanted one with spf just so I dont have to put on sunscreen but Im also open if you can suggest a good ome without spf. Thanksss!

@Anonymous Ooh, you know what, I actually DO have a product suggestion. Estee Lauder Daywear is surprisingly good (I just don't think of them for oily skin). I got a jar of the combo/normal as part of a gift with purchase, and I have to say I really like it and it leaves skin looking beautiful for makeup. Some people do say it gets oily over time, but there is also a Matte version that gets rave reviews, though I haven't tried it. It has antioxidants and hydrators and a good amount of SPF. I would usually consider this kind of pricey, but if you're used to Clarins, this is worth a shot!

Re: Moisturizer for Combi(break-out prone) with spf?

I am a combination skin too. If I need to put the makeup on,I wdould not use too much products in the morning. Or I just skip face cream~

I don't really have a moisturizer for you, but with oily skin it's often nice to stick to a sunscreen that relies on zinc instead of chemical sunscreens. Zinc helps control oil production, whereas chemical sunscreens can be pretty irritating if left on all day. Dr. Jart Every SunDay Mineral Sunscreen is wonderful, but a little pricey. I see people talking about the mineral options from Supergoop! as well. For summer, you may be able to get away with a moisturizing serum and a sunscreen instead of a cream.

Re: Moisturizer for Combi(break-out prone) with spf?

Hi @Merrijoe 🙂 

I also have very acne prone skin and combo! For moisturizers I really love the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL and the Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL for the day or night time. Both of these are really light weight and keep your skin highly moisturized. I also really love Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL but I typically prefer these two during the nighttime because they are a bit thicker, however I love how supple and soft my face feels in the mornings after using these! Hope this helps 🙂 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing