Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Lip balms

Hello, any one can recommend me what is it the best lip balm I can get at sephora? My lips something so dry/crack even though I apply vaseline.  Need help pls!!

Re: Lip balms

My favorite is the Brazilian Kiss by Sol de Janeiro. I’ll be the first to admit that you don’t get all that much in a tube for what they charge you but, ugh, I love it so much. I’m on my fifth tube of it now and I just got my sixth tube to have ready as a backup so I won’t be without it when I finish up #5. I’m fully addicted. 

My other fav is Erborian’s Duodoune for Lips. Sephora doesn’t sell it - I had to order it off the Erborian site but it’s wonderful.

I recommend Bite Agave Lip Balm.  It has pharmaceutical grade lanolin.  It works better for me than anything at preventing dry, peeling lips.  Second to that, I love the feeling of the Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy Treatment in a bullet, no SPF type. 

Another vote for Bite’s lip mask. It’s super thick but works wonders and smells nice too.

My advice is drink more water and exfoliate and don't wear matte lipsticks all the time. But besides that the best lip blam is Jack Black.

This is not a Sephora recommendation, but I had a "lipocalypse" a few years ago where my lips were constantly stinging, cracked, bleeding, etc. I went to my derm and she recommended lanolin (aka nipple cream for nursing mothers). It is amazing, fine to eat (as babies consume it while nursing), and long lasting. I can't say enough good things. This stuff saved my life and its available everywhere (drug store, amazon, grocery store)...except Sephora 🙂

I hope you feel better!!

I really enjoy KaplanMD (lip mask as well as balm) and Cl...

I really enjoy KaplanMD (lip mask as well as balm) and Clarins lip balm. both come in a squeeze tube as well.

For day-to-day moisturizing, I like to use the Jack Black lip balm. At night, however, I will use the Laneige lip mask. You can definitely use the Laneige one all day but it's just very greasy.

Jack Black lip balm is my favorite! I bought a set and have some in every purse and at my desk all the time.

'Tis the season for experimenting with lip balms.  It drives me crazy sometimes.  I did get started using Tatcha's lip balm, and I like that it's thick, moisturizing, and lasts a long time.  It has an orange scent (it's mild, and I don't know about the taste.)

I used to use Fresh all the time, but I still like their stick balms as a base for putting on lipstick.  It gives the lipstick a smoother surface to stick to.

I’m a big fan of Jack Black lip balms.  I was looking for an effective balm and this one is my “go to” product.

RE: Lip balms

First Aid Beauty Lip balm - really moisturizing. I use it before I put on lipstick. I was almost finished with the product and decided to get Laneige lip sleeping mask this is also moisturizing, the container is bigger than the First Aid Beauty Lip balm so I dont usually carry it in my purse, otherwise both products I recommend. Fresh sugar lip balm was just ok.

I would say that the best available at Sephora is the La Mer lip balm. If your lips really are in a bad way and you have $60 to throw at a solution then this stuff will work. Use at night and I am sure youll notice a difference straight away. It is expensive but will last you a few months if not longer, some people claim that it lasts them a year or more.

I really like the Sephora coconut water lip balm which I think is great for the price ($8 CAD) and gets the job done. I personally like it better than the lip balms by Fresh.

robinanneee wrote:

I really like the Sephora coconut water lip balm which I think is great for the price ($8 CAD) and gets the job done. I personally like it better than the lip balms by Fresh.

I’ve been using the coconut water lip balm as well and it smells heavenly. However, I find the formula to be too slick to be moisturizing for the winter months. I like it best in the summer. I also use Bite’s agave lip balm, srcrub, and lip mask and they’re incredible. Bite is becoming one of my favorite beauty brands (I own the above products, plus one full size lipstick, a lipstick sample, two lip pencils, and a lip gloss—thanks Sephora and TJ Maxx!)

First aid beauty lip balm is my favorite under lipstick, and for a mask. I use Sephora brand,(EOS or Burt's Bee) for balm.  Avon's lip treatment removes dead skin if used weekly no scrub cheap and great even though it's not at Sephora.

Ditto the First Aid Beauty @howconnie, it's my favorite!

I really love my Korres Lip Butter! Only 12$. Super moisturizing for my lips and smells faintly of honey. I use it every day and night.

Anonymous Insider

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask is my go to balm - it'll keep my lips from drying out, cracking, especially in the winter!

https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-sleeping-mask-P420652

Yessss! The Laneige lip mask is worth every penny! 

Anonymous Insider

totally agree - the laneige lip mask is great!

26 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing