From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Is this what i should be doing everyday to keep my skin clean?

Hey! I'm 14 and I have already gone through so many facial cleansers. I prefer drugstore. Like target to find a good cleanser. I recently started using the Cetaphil facial cleanser and Neutrogena makeup wipes before I wash my face with that. Then I use the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion. I feel like I'm on the right path with getting my small breakouts cleared. Do you think there's a better routine I should have? Better products for getting rid of my small acne case. Much appreciated!

Re: Is this what i should be doing everyday to keep my skin clean?

It sounds like you're on the right path! Good for you for taking an interest in your skin at your age- I really wish I had, LOL!

Gentle cleansers and moisturizer are two of the most important products to combat acne. Cetaphil is good for a lot of people, so if it works for you great. If for some reason, it doesn't help, Neutrogena cleansers are really good as well. 

Do you wear face makeup, like foundation, powder, concealer? If so, you might want to consider using a cleansing oil instead of the wipes because the wipes generally don't eliminate all makeup. 

The Clinique moisturizing lotion is a pretty good one to start with and see how that works for you. If you have oily skin, the gel version might help you stay less oily. 

I would add that you're never too young to prevent sun damage, so if you're outside- wear sunscreen! And if you're interested in a spot treatment that you can use for pimples that come up, the Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Gel is a great investment. 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing