cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

I need Help!

Hello Everyone! 

Does any one know of a good face scrub or a mask for the combination and open pores?

Re: I need Help!

Hi @5Apples ! I love GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g , it is amazing!

Have a great day and let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Hi @5Apples ! By "open pores," do you mean your pores look bigger than usual? BHA (salicylic acid) can get down into your pores to clear the gunk that's making them appear stretched wide open. Have you already tried a BHA product? Could a cleanser (you'll have to let the cleanser sit on your face 3 minutes or so to give the BHA time to work, and then rinse it off), toner, leave-on exfoliant, acne pad, etc. Usually a 2% BHA product is plenty effective. 

The Ordinary makes a 10-minute BHA mask... The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . I've never used it (all my BHA products are made by Paula's Choice), but it came to mind since you asked for a mask. 🙂 It contains 2% BHA plus charcoal and kaolin clay. You don't have to use it the full 10 minutes or apply it to your entire face. 

On my combo skin, I don't use any face scrubs. My oily zone (on and around my nose) is the second most sensitive part of my face, and scrubs are too irritating for that skin. I just use a gentle hydrating cleanser (Paula's Choice Hydralight). 1-3 times a week, I use a BHA leave-on exfoliant to keep my pores clear. Once in a while I use a charcoal mask, usually just on my oily zone, sometimes on my jaw if I've got acne there. I like Paula's Choice Pore Clarifying Charcoal Mask or Origins Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Face Mask to Clear Pores 2.5 oz/ 75 mL for that. 

My oily zone's pores will never look invisible like the pores on my dry zones. If you also have visible pores, you'll never be able to "close" or "shrink" them—and that's okay! There's nothing wrong with visible pores. But if they look bigger than usual, you can address the crud that's stretching them wider. 

@WinglessOne @Thank you very much for all the explanation in detail.... I will give it a go and I won’t use a scrub... Thank you!

The original Tatcha exfoliant cleanser.

Not the Rice one, its super hydrating and leaves a film on the skin.

The original leaves the skin clean and not stripped.

Thank you very much @Emy10  I truly appreciate!!! 😊☺️

I’m in the same boat as you and I just ordered the fresh Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Exfoliator 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  and the Fresh Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Mask 1 oz/ 30 mL. I will definitely let you know how it goes if you still need help!

Yes please! Lol definitely let me know... I’m willing to try every brand if need be lol... again thank you! @Cdtoewalker 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing