Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

How to layer multiple products in one skin care routine.

I have combination skin. Acne-oily t zone-dry cheeks and now that I am pushing 30 I started anti-aging serum. The thing is that I'm not sure how to layer my products. I know that you wash then tone but how do you layer serums and acne gell/wipes? Is if water based then oil based? Do I use my acne gell than brightening serum then moisturizer THEN eye serum? Help!

RE: How to layer multiple products in one skin care routine.

~Cleanse ~Toner ~Acne treatment or mask of choice ~Serum - if you're layering serum allow 2 min between layers ~moisturizer ~oil Oil always goes last because it deals moisturizer in so you get the full effects of the other layers ☺️

Re: How to layer multiple products in one skin care routine.

Some of the application process depends on what specific products you're using. But generally speaking, you start with washing, followed by toning, then serums/essences which should be applied from thinnest to thickest consistency. After that you add your moisturizer (and sunscreen in the a.m.). 

The type of acne gel you are using will make a difference. If it's a product that's meant to be used as an active it will go closer to the beginning of your routine; however, if it's just a spot treatment, then put it on after your moisturizer. 

I typically do eye serums/creams after regular face serums but before my overall moisturizer. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing