Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

How can I get rid of texture and tiny bumps under the skin?

I’m currently dealing with texture and small tiny bumps under my skin, specifically on my forehead. I recently bough the #ORDINARY Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% , is it possible to dilute with #OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH™ Dark Spot Toner 6.5 oz/ 190 mL to build up tolerance? My nighttime skincare consist of: 1. TATCHA oil cleanser 2. FRESH cleanser 3. once or twice a week I use #Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator 4. Olehenriksen Dark Spot Toner 5. (Would love to include a serum) 6. #belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb In the morning: I just splash my face with water if not: 1. go with a gentle cleanser, or just use #Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator , if i did not use it the night before. it depends. 2. #OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum 3. #belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb

RE: How can I get rid of texture and tiny bumps under the skin?

I find that The Ordinary’s lactic acidosis has helped get rid of texture for myself!

Re: How can I get rid of texture and tiny bumps under the skin?

@JasmineCn I don't think you should dilute the Ordinary Serum with the Olehenriksen toner - they are both acids so you will actually just be double dipping and adding MORE acids to your routine. 

A couple notes on your routine

• I personally wouldn't use a physical exfoliant like the dermalogica and the olehenriksen on the same day that is just a LOT of exfoliation. You only need to exfoliate once or twice a week. 
  • if you are not finding the Olehenriksen effective - you may need to wait a little bit longer before adding your next step - you might just not be giving the acids enough time for them to do their thing before raising up the pH of your skin
  • If you want another serum I would add one with niacinamide and hyaluronic acid to help control oil production (which may cause bumps) and increase hydration. I'm really loving the Purito Buffet Serum as an example
  • If you want to reduce the effect of the lactic acid you can always mix it in with a moisturizer but you do run the risk of rendering it ineffective since you will be making it more alkaline. 

I hope that helps a little bit, I had some bumps on my temple and I found the OLEHENRIKSEN Invigorating Night Transformation™ Gel 1.0 oz/ 30 mL effective in making them go away but I was not using any other exfoliating products and simply used that nightly after a hydrating toner and with a nourishing moisturizer

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing