Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Help with skincare routine

I completely changed the products that I was using at least a month ago. I started with the Olehenriksen balance cleanser and Tatcha water cream to see how my skin adjusted since it’s sensitive. It did fine so I added the balance toner to it as well. That’s where I’m at right now, just the three products. But the oily parts of my skin (forehead and nose) are still super oily and I don’t find I’m getting enough moisture on my chin and cheeks. I’ve been hydrating with drinking water as well. It’s not terribly dry but it doesn’t feel hydrated and smooth. Any tips or recommendations?

Help with skincare routine

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid B5 Serum is fantastic at sucking hydration into your skin and holding onto it so your skin stays hydrated longer. It's super cheap and you could use it either before or after your toner. Obviously there are a ton of similar serums that are a lot more luxe and expensive, but I'm cheap, and it's a great way to see if that type of serum will help without spending much money. It's proven really great for keeping my combo skin happy and stopping it from pumping out tons of oil later in the day.

RE: Help with skincare routine

Thank you! I’ll give it a try @tg1973

RE: Help with skincare routine

I like cheap! Do you use this just on the dry areas of your skin? @tg1973

I use it all over, but you can use it however you like. I...

I use it all over, but you can use it however you like. It doesn't make anything more oily, it actually keeps skin plump so there's no crazy oil overproduction to compensate. I would suggest you try both ways to see which looks best.

Re: Help with skincare routine

Have you considered adding a balancing serum to your routine, and using a hydrating treatment that doesn’t clog pores on the parts of your face that are dry? I would also recommend a sleeping mask that provides gentle hydration, balances and exfoliate. 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL
GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask

RE: Re: Help with skincare routine

I do have the niacinamide but I cut back a few products to start from square one because something was causing me to breakout. Maybe I’ll try adding this back In @lnum

Re: RE: Re: Help with skincare routine

@KehDee Try doing a patch test with the niacinamide for a few days on a small part of your face, and the same with any other products you want to try incorporating. You’ll know soon enough if it’s causing you to have a reaction if it’s only in one area that you used a certain product. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing