Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Help with finding primer for oily nose and dry/cheeks

I have tried many different foundations that I’ve loved but I find that with almost any foundation the makeup starts to break up on my nose and it looks really shiny. So then I started to try different primers but they are so expensive to keep trying to find the right one. Any recommendations or for skin care? I use the tatcha water cream to keep my face hydrated and primers I’ve tried no porblem, smashbox primerizer and photo finish (the silicon one), hourglass veil, benefit porfessional, jelly one primer, and the tatcha canvas primer( which I love how it smoothes out the face but it doesn’t have an effect on my nose) also I use Laura Mercier translucent powder and charolette tilbury flawless airbrush finish to set (this is my favorite)

Re: Help with finding primer for oily nose and dry/cheeks

@agalindo,

I highly recommend the Pore Care Trial set. It also comes with a blur type product that is a skincare/primer in one!

https://www.sephora.com/product/pore-care-trial-kit-P420675?skuId=1966142&icid2=products%20grid:p420...

❤️ Melissa

RE: Re: Help with finding primer for oily nose and dry/cheeks

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll have to try it!

Re: RE: Re: Help with finding primer for oily nose and dry/cheeks

@agalindo,

You're very welcome:)!

❤️ Melissa

Re: Help with finding primer for oily nose and dry/cheeks

@agalindo 

I have an oily T-zone and dry cheeks and have found that Too Faced Hangover Primer to work pretty well for both the oily and dry parts of my face. 

A couple of other products that might work for you and that I use from time to time or have used in the past that I've found to work on my combo skin are (1) using the sunscreen Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk SPF50+ PA+++ as a primer - I have been wearing IT Cosmetics CC cream over this and then using either a setting spray or finishing powder (like you, love the CT airbrush finish one!) on top of it and have had good wear time with my makeup, or (2) if you have a lot of primers already, use a primer that is more mattifying on your nose and then one that is more hydrating on your cheeks. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/hangover-replenishing-face-primer-P387589

Also, Does the it cosmetics Cc cream have any coverage at all? I want to wear less makeup in the summer cause it gets so hot but I want to be able to cover my red cheeks

@agalindo 

The IT Cosmetics CC cream has some very good coverage - it's buildable as well.  I, too, have redness on my cheeks and the CC cream covers it up.  I also have some redness on my arm - here are some pics of IT CC cream's coverage: 

bare - ugh, redness!bare - ugh, redness!this is less than half a pump of the CC creamthis is less than half a pump of the CC creammy arm after 1 layer blendedmy arm after 1 layer blended2nd half pump of CC cream2nd half pump of CC creammy arm after blending in 2nd half pump of CC creammy arm after blending in 2nd half pump of CC cream

I think that after a half pump of the CC cream, most of the redness is covered up.  After blending in the second half pump, you can't see the redness in my arms.

RE: Re: RE: Re: Help with finding primer for oily nose and dry/cheeks

Thanks again, I’ll have to try it!

The CC cream does not feel heavy at all on my skin.  It works for me year-round.

Thank you ! I’ve been actually wanting to try the hangover primer, so I’ll have to try thanks again for the suggestion !

You're very welcome @agalindo!  I forgot to mention that there are travel sizes of both the IT Cosmetics CC cream and the Too Faced Hangover Primer.  That might be a good way for you to try out the products to see how you like them and how they work with each other and your skin.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos5
  • bare - ugh, redness!
  • this is less than half a pump of the CC cream
  • my arm after 1 layer blended
  • 2nd half pump of CC cream
  • my arm after blending in 2nd half pump of CC cream
testing