Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Help for sensitive teen skin?

I have combination skin that’s super sensitive, and nothings really helping?? I’ve been using the bare minerals pure plush, the dr thayers rose water toner, and the neutrogena hydro boost. My skin scars super easily and takes forever to heal, this is my face after cleansing. Please y’all, I’m dying out here

Re: Help for sensitive teen skin?

@California03 I'd suggest incorporating some kind of acid toning product and an oil. I love and use the tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mLas my acid toner alternated with the HERBIVORE - Prism Exfoliating Glow Potion. The Tarte is much stronger than the Herbivore one, so I'd suggest starting out with the Herbivore if your skin is new to acids. It's a light, watery serum that is instantly sucked into the skin. I'd recommend using this once every other night to get started - 3-4 drops is perfect. If you want another option, I'd recommend the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads. This, like the Herbivore serum, exfoliates the skin using acids derived from fruits, and is much gentler - also a great beginner acid item. Any of these acid products will be great in clearing pores, smoothing out the skin, fading scarring, and preventing break outs. 

As for the oil, I'd recommend the Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

and the Clarins Lotus Balancing & Hydrating Face Treatment Oil 1 oz. Both are great for acne prone skin and act as natural astringents as well as keeping the skin hydrated, smooth, and balanced. I use the Herbivore during the day and the Clarins as my night moisturizer, but I'd recommend you start with just the Herbivore oil for both day and night. Adding an oil will not only balance and hydrate the skin, but it will also help fade scarring. 

I would start here, as I think your cleanser is a good choice and the products I mentioned above will take care of both toning and moisturizing. I hope this helps!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos3
testing