Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Help! It’s been a year of trying so many products and I can’t figure out combination skin products or makeup!

I’ve always had perfect skin. I didn’t start using foundation until I was 21. When all of a sudden, I started getting whiteheads all over my chin and would get pimples. It was simply just me being a late bloomer to troubled skin. I’m super fair and have porcelain skin tone. But the last year, I can’t get a skin care routine down because nothing seems to make a difference!? I’m unsure why, maybe it’s hormones, but I have blackheads everywhere. My cheeks are now getting blackheads and are oily with dry patches. Same with my t-zone. I’ve tried $100 products to drug store. I just can’t find something that’s suited for this or does the trick for me. I really need recommendations for products specifically for combo skin because even with research, I’m not getting any luck. 

Re: Help! It’s been a year of trying so many products and I can’t figure out combination skin products or makeup!

Yes it might be very good for the skin that's for sharing ...

Re: Help! It’s been a year of trying so many products and I can’t figure out combination skin products or makeup!

💖I have combo skin with an oily t zone, my skin is also sensitive and acne prone and these worked well for me:

POWDER FOUNDATIONS (great for excess oils, acne prone skin, etc)

MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation 

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder 4 

LIQUID FOUNDATIONS (super light weight with beautiful finish)

Hourglass Immaculate® Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free 

Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation 

@nicotwigs Have you tried speaking to a dermatologist?  If you've already tried quite a few different key ingredients and formulations it might be time to have a professional take a look and make recommendations.  In my experience having someone who's educated on the science behind these things will make a difference.  They'll be able to let you know what to expect for timelines and results and ensure that even if they aren't prescribing medication you'll be getting the best recommendations for over the counter products that suit your specific needs.  

Out side of that... have you tried simplifying your routine to cleanser, moisturizer, SPF and then maybe Differin gel as a treatment step?

Yes it is very good to be a part of such community about beauty stuff and skin ...

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing