Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Help - Dull & Broken Out

I'm looking for some help. I've always had very good skin. It's always been very bright & never more than the occasional zit or blackhead. Well the last few months have been beyond stressful & I guess that's starting to come through my skin because all of the sudden my skin is both dull & broken out. I'm wondering what will help with this?

Re: Help - Dull & Broken Out

I agree that a Clarisonic will be amazing for you.  I do know that it is an investment, but recently the price for a Mia (the smaller one speed Clarisonic) has been reduced to $119 and the new Mia 2 is $149.  If you can make the plunge and get one, I highly recommend it.  My mom let me borrow hers while I decided if I wanted one and she realized she didn't want to live without hers anymore and asked for it back.  I gave it back and went out the same day and bought my own.  My husband is addicted to it as well and my skin has never looked this good.

If that is too much for you right now, then I highly recommend using an exfoliator that also brightens like Philosophy MicroDelivery Peel 2 step exfoliator.  You use the Vitamin C crystals to physically exfoliate your skin and then put the Lactic and Salicylic Serum on top of the crystals.  It makes the vitamin C penetrate into your skin brightening the complexion, and the lactic and salicylic help clean out pores and smooth surface texture.  After even just one use your skin is smooth, bright and amazing.  And because it has the salicylic acid it will help with breakouts.

I have also found that Murad Acne and Wrinkle Reducer is extremely effective with breakouts related to stress and hormones (often around the chin and jaw line).  It is a serum that doesn't dry out your skin and you can use daily in the entire affected areas.

xoxo

Jill

Re: Help - Dull & Broken Out

I know that it does not fit everyones budget but I have found the Clarisonic Mia to be very beneficial to my skin. I was a skeptic about it for the longest time but I finally gave in about 2 months ago and I couldn't live without it now. Other then that try products that help exfoliate the skin like salicylic acid face clensers. To help brighten your skin in the winter use a luminizer like TheBalms Mary Lou Manizer or use a luminous primer like Laura Mercier Radience. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing