Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Hair Care: Oily dehydrated hair

Does anyone have product recommendations for greasy oily but dehydrated hair. When I finish washing my hair and waiting for it to dry, I notice that my hair feels quite dry and I hate the feeling. However, throughout the week, my hair gets oily and greasy which I do not like again and the cycle repeats itself. Any tips and product recos? 

Re: Hair Care: Oily dehydrated hair

@AK109 Sounds like your scalp may be overproducing oil due to dehydration

• Consider a gentler shampoo. I like Aveda's Shampure
  • Try a hair mask like Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Crème in addition to regular conditioning.
  • If you shampoo your hair everyday, try every other day
  • If your hair gets greasy because you're not washing daily, you can opt for dry shampoo or a cleansing rinse. I make one out of thyme floral water, a little apple cider vinegar and a raw egg for a gentle cleanse. Be forewarned, it smells pretty gross and if the water's too hot, you'll cook the egg!!

Thanks, I wash my hair once a week @pocketvenus 

@AK109 Oh! In that case, please ignore my comments about overwashing! The Shampure though might still be good. Our resident hair expert, @GG84 once told me the formula is good for people who deal with oil but the ends are still dry. She also recommended Malin+Goetz Peppermint Shampoo and it's been working out well for me. My hair is super long, especially now beause of the pandemic so I deal with dry ends too 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing