Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

HELP! combination skin, sudden breakouts, dry patches ???

Hey there, so recently I've been in sort of a rut. 

I'm 16, I've never had any sort of acne and my face as always been smooth and clear. I do have rosacea, but its never been a problem, until now. 

In the past few weeks I've noticed a few pimples on my chin, no biggie. Then the next week, along with those pimples, there are soon many more! one under my nose, chin, forehead, everywhere. Im so confused!

So, I switched facial cleansers and only started using moisterizer in the morning. I also put all sorts of pimple popping creams like epiduo, burts bees blemish stick, and none other than toothpaste. I put on epiduo one day while i was in the sun and came back with darker dry patches, the acne is gone but they hurt so badly! my skin has never looked worse. and the nose pimples hurt so badly and my whole face is red and patchy! its awful and i don't know what to do. Im willing to spend any $$$$. I just want my normal skin back! plus these are huge red pimples, i don't know how to get rid of them! also, my nose is always shiny, but I'm starting to think that my face is so dry that its producing more oil than it normally should. I started using my old products again, starting with the red clay face wash by first aid beauty, and then the ultra repair cream. my skin is not getting better and the ultra repair cream feels like its just sitting on my skin and not doing anything. please, HELP! 😞

Products I've been using

before it happened:

SKIN RESCUE DEEP CLEANSER WITH RED CLAY- FIRST AID BEAUTY

BELIF- THE TRUE CREAM MOISTURIZING BOMB

after it happened:

AINT MISBEHAVIN- MEDICATED AHA/BHA ACNE CLEANSER 

AINT MISBEHAVIN- SKIN CLARIFYING & MATTIFYING SUNSCREEN

now:

SKIN RESCUE DEEP CLEANSER WITH RED CLAY- FIRST AID BEAUTY

FIRST AID BEAUTY- ULTRA REPAIR CREAM

Re: HELP! combination skin, sudden breakouts, dry patches ???

First, stop everything and go back to the very basics. Epiduo for example makes the skin sun sensitive due to  the retinol part - sunscreen is a must. How was its usage prescribed?

Using too many products with similar ingredients is only going to make things worse.

The myth is the more products you layer, to fix acne, the quicker it goes away. Far from the truth, a simple routine and 1 leave on treatment is all that is needed. But using as prescribed and diligently works.

Another myth, pricey products work best. Money means nothing..it's what works for YOUR skin, works with it NOT against. Take that money and see a good dermatologist..otherwise you won't get a chance to really get to understand what is occurring and why.

Cleanse twice a day and moisturize twice a day - night is when the skin repair itself. Spf in the morning daily. Use one acne product at night on dry skin, before moisturizer.

The more you switch products, the harder it is for the skin to balance out. It takes at least 3 months of continued usage to see results.

You are better off seeking a dermatologist to get you on the right path. It may be acne rosacea. Be sure to bring in the products you use and tell them how often you use them..also be sure to ask for an in depth how to use what they recommend instruction - even written down.

It can also be hormones, you're at that age 😉

Did a doctor diagnosis the rosecea? If so, what did they recommend? If it is true rosecea, you may have sensitive skin and will need to learn what triggers it and what ingredients names mean/how they work, so you can control it. Sensitive skin doesn't like to be whipped around daily..not good for any skin.  

Dry skin lacks oil, you're dehydrated from the overload. You can Google skin types and dehydrated skin to get an idea.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors