Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

HELP! Textured combo/oily skin!

Hi everyone! I have combo skin that leans more oily in the T-zone and fairly normal elsewhere.  I’ve been noticing that the perimeter of my face—cheeks and chin especially, have begun to develop a bumpy texture.  I’m not particularly dry in these areas, nor do I have any whiteheads or pimples in these spots, almost like mini goosebumps.  Any suggestions on the best products for combo skin? I’d like to try a new acid based product but don’t know where to begin. Thanks!!!!! Currently using a glycolic acid based cleanser that is “meh”, as well as a toner and moisturizer with minimal salicylic acid and calming agents as well. 

Re: HELP! Textured combo/oily skin!

@MelanieSparkles @Hey there!!! So I’ve suffered from uneven skin dullness and dryness, combination dryness to now having combination oily in my T-Zone and dullness and uneven texture still all over. I would suggest using an exfoliating product (ensure their is NO Apricot, as it cause micro tears in the skin and ie acne) and/or a clay mask.  I actually really liked Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliatant!!!! It gave me a refreshing even feel after using daily with or without all the other products. My favorite clay mask is actually by Peach and lily Pore proof Perfecting  clay mask. Those I felt have worked well for me. Best of luck 🤞🏽 

Ohhh yesss! Thank you so much! I’ve tried the micro folia r in the past and I really liked it! Thank you for reminding me of this product!!! I’ll check out your other suggestion as well. 

I recently went to Sephora and picked up two items that seem to help a bit so far. I changed my face wash to the Olé Henriksen Truth Juice cleanser. I’m also now using the Glow Recipe strawberry Serum with AHA & BHA.  My toner and moisturizer aren’t from Sephora and contain salicylic acid but I think I’ll switch them to something different when they are empty. 

I’ll keep y’all updated on the skin journey!

I have the same problem, usually I find, that when I take a shower it kinda helps. Trying focusing your cleanser on that area or using a spot treatment. If anyone else has any suggestions, I could also use help!

Thanks for your reply! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing