From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

HELP!!!! My serum is making my face more red!! What do I do??

Hey 🙂 Started using Ren anti-redness serum last night. I started using it because my cheeks are pretty red and blotchy because of the cold winters. I have combination skin that tends to get oily on my t-done area. I woke up today with way more red on my cheeks! I’m just wondering if that’s normal when you first start using a serum or if that means you have to change it right away?

I’ve never used a serum before so any help or suggestions would be amazing!

Also please note I did start using a new night cream  last night as well which was a sample I got. It was the origins high potency night a mins (with oil)

HELP!!!! My serum is making my face more red!! What do I do??

@Kaixoxo Night-a-mins is an exfoliating treatment @fieldsofclover is right. If you're new to treatments such as these, I'm going to bet it's the Origins. Ren is a very skin friendly line in general. Process of elimination is the best way to tackle this. Try JUST the Ren serum during the day and Origins at night and see which of the two is causing the issue.

Re: HELP!!!! My serum is making my face more red!! What do I do??

Thank you!  Do you think I should buy a night cream from the same REN line??

If you tried two new products on the same night, the reaction could be to either of them... I've never had that kind of reaction to a Ren item but everyone's skin is different. Night-a-mins is a resurfacing product too, since it's designed to increase cell turnover that would be more likely to *produce* redness if you're at all sensitive.

I would try just one of them alone tonight and see what you notice... that combo would be fighting each other, though. My money is on the Origins being the problem.

Thank you! Do you think I should buy a night cream from the same REN line??

@Kalxoxo If you try the serum alone and it works for you, I would go for it! Using "matching" items from the same line is often more effective than layering products from different brands, especially if you're trying to accomplish something specific (like reducing redness), so I think especially when you're starting out you get more bang for your buck that way.

I'm a bit biased toward them since Ren was my first intro to higher-caliber skincare, but I still use the Evercalm mask sometimes even though I've moved to other lines for my everyday things... and their Beauty Shots were what opened my eyes to what my skin *could* be like.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing