From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Good moisturizer for dehydrated oily t-zones?

Hi everyone! Since the weather has turned colder I’ve noticed that my t-zone (which is still oily) has been really dehydrated. One part of my forehead was actually flaking. The rest of my face goes between being normal and dry. I really need advice on a good moisturizer that won’t make me greasy! I tried the PTR water drench trio because the girl at the store recommended it (and the trio is an amazing deal for anyone who wants to try that moisturizer in the first place!) but it made me super oily! I used it before bed on the first night and when I woke up my forehead was 10x more oily than normal! I tried using it with and without the serum, using it with my Ole balancing cleanser, using the cleanser it came with... but after a few days I returned it because within a few hours it would always make me too oily. I loved the way it felt when I initially put it on, and it did feel like my skin was more hydrated, but I need something that will hydrate without making me oily or breaking me out. I have slightly sensitive skin, I’m prone to breakouts, and as the winter gets colder my skin will get more dry so I really need something now before it gets worse! Any ideas? How/how often do you use your go to moisturizer? Please help!

Re: Good moisturizer for dehydrated oily t-zones?

Complex 15 is amazing, i have the same problem this does it's job i have probably tried almost everything and this is one of the best and even when it goes on ur oily areas and does not make things worse.

RE: Good moisturizer for dehydrated oily t-zones?

When that happened to me I Used dr. Jart niacinimide sheet mask. It's super hydrating and gets deep into your skin to get your skin hydrated.It's leaves a nice glow plus combats the oilyness by being so hydrating. Hope this helps. @bwagner7

RE: Good moisturizer for dehydrated oily t-zones?

When I type that in search it shows two Dr. Jart ones- clearing or brightening??
Anonymous Insider

Re: Good moisturizer for dehydrated oily t-zones?

@bwagner7, I have combination (oily T-zone and eyelids and dry elsewhere), dehydrated and sensitive skin and get even more dry as we move farther along into the colder season.  I've found that exfoliating on a regular basis and layering a few hydrating products helps a lot.  Are you using an exfoliant?  What is your current routine?

My go to's in the colder, winter months are Belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb and Eminence Organic Arctic Berry Radiance Cream.  With both of these, I layer a hydrating serum underneath.  I use the Belif moisturizer every day/night and the Eminence cream I generally use once a week after I do an at-home facial peel.  At night, I have been using the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask to impart some extra hydration to my skin - it makes my skin soft and smooth in the mornings.  When it starts getting really cold and I experience dry, flaky patches on my face, I pull out the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream.  

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing