Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Figuring out my skin type

Hello, I’ve been having a bit of a “ reaction” to something I’m unsure of. I haven’t really changed my skin routine but I’m developing these tiny red bumps under my eyes and on my cheeks. I’m trying to find products to help combat them while also keeping in mind my skin type which is why I’m here. I’m actually quite unsure of what that is at this point in my life, I used to be the dry skin type but now I’m not sure. My forehead gets clogged (pores) and is texturized and as I’ve been told that would be because of oiliness, while I also notice flaky ness is my skin as well in other areas. I also experience whiteheads and texturized skin on my chin as well. I’m assuming that I probably have combination skin but would love insight as well as any suggestions to products and how to apply them in accordance to the different areas of my face and different types of skin. Thank you 🙂

PS. I will say I use Sukin facial cleanser ( it Is foaming) , the Ordinary Buffet serum, the Ordinary glycolic acid toner 7%, Nivea 24 hr spf day cream. Not using a facial mist at the moment, my go to was Mario basdescu rose water spray and it worked well with my skin but am on the fence after reading up on Mario badescu products. 

Re: Figuring out my skin type

Hi again @cloggedpores ! Here are my thoughts on your skincare products:

The Sunkin cleanser has some good ingredients. Avocado oil is really hydrating, along with Glycerin, and that Aloe would be amazing for soothing your skin. If you’re having a reaction to a skincare product, I’d highly recommend getting the Cerave hydrating cleanser, which can be found at the drugstore.

I would suggest not continuing with The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL , as glycolic acid is an exfoliating that can be irritating, and I would suspect that may have something to do with your reaction.

Instead, try using The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL . Niacinimide will help with texture and clogged pores, so it sounds like something that your skin would really benefit from!

The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA Serum is anti aging and hydrating. As for your sunscreen, I would recommend switching this product out. You already have lots of moisturizing products in your routine, and unfortunately this one is only spf 15, so it’s honestly not providing that much sun protection. I’d suggest using the Cerave spf!

I’m sorry if this is overwhelming! Please let me know if you have any questions, I’m so so happy to help. Have an amazing day 💕

@cloggedpores If you decided to try the products I mentioned,use them in this order:

1. Cleanser

2. Treatement (the Ordinary products)

3. Moisturizer - I’d ALSO suggest Cerave (haha, so much Cerave!)

4. Sunscreen (during the day)

@cloggedpores It sounds like you do have combination skin, based on your description. What is your skincare routine currently? I’m happy to help, and knowing what products you use would be very helpful! Have a wonderful day 😊

@cloggedpores Sorry, I just realized you already mentioned your products!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing