Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Favorite eye creams

favorite eye creams?
Anonymous Insider

Re: Favorite eye creams

I've tried a bunch of eye creams over the years and have been fond of the following, for different reasons - 

Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream - I've heard that for some, this product has caused them irritation, but it has worked well for me - I get a little tackiness from it, but that's not an issue when I apply my under eye concealer and base makeup over it.  I tried a mini version of it and wasn't expecting much, but I found that it really did brighten my under eye area, made me look less tired.  I've since purchased a full size of it and it's what I reach for when I need to look more awake.

If your skin is really sensitive, I'd recommend Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream.  It's a simple, no frills, basic eye cream that is gentle, but effective for sensitive eyes.  It applies very smoothly and I like the pump container.  It's a lighter eye cream so for me, this is usually something I use in the daytime.  In the evening and especially in the winter, if I reach for this, I'll layer it over or under a hydrating eye serum.  Lately, I've been pairing the Pai eye cream with the Laneige Eye Sleeping Mask.  I am a huuuuuge fan of the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask and I'm quite fond of their Lip Sleeping Mask.  I didn't even know that they had a sleeping mask for the eye until I saw this set of mini's online.  Being a fan of the other sleeping masks in the line and because the mini versions looked adorable, I naturally had to purchase the set - I'm really glad I did.  I think the eye sleeping mask is going to come in handy this winter.  I hope Laneige makes it more readily accessible.

If you are looking for an eye cream that is more hydrating or moisturizing, you might like Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado or Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream.  True to its name, the Kiehl's one is in fact creamy; it has a rich texture but doesn't feel sticky or tacky when applied on the skin. It's not a holy grail for me, but it works well.  I finished this up a while back and would have been fine repurchasing, but wanted to try out other eye creams out there.

With the weather changing, I just started using Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream as part of my evening routine - I'm generally a fan of Belif products and so far, I'm liking this one.  It's thicker in texture than the other Belif eye cream but this one feels more like a gel than a cream and it applies easily. I haven't been using this eye cream for very long, but it seems to be doing a good job hydrating my under eye area.

wow! thank you! this was very informative, I will be tryi...

wow! thank you! this was very informative, I will be trying all of your suggestions.
Anonymous Insider

Re: wow! thank you! this was very informative, I will be tryi...

You're so welcome, @SarahEE!  Try to get samples so you can see what works best for you before purchasing a full size.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing