Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Favorite Primer

What is your favorite primer for combo (oily/normal) skin with large pores?

RE: Favorite Primer

I don’t use primers. Just make sure you have a good skin prep routine. I found that my make up looks way better through out the day and last longer

Re: Favorite Primer

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner primer 1 ozhands down my favorite pore refining primer!

Favorite Primer

I've tried tons of primers for pores my favorite is the smashbox pore minimizing primer (purple bottle). What I do is to warm it up (less than a pea size amount) between my index fingers and then pat while smoothing it over my pores. Less really is more with pore primers. I then apply a different primer on the rest of my face, usually hourglass mineral veil primer or bare minerals prime time, whatever is left on my fingers at the end I gently pat on my pores again, this method works really well for me! There other 2 pore primer that I have used are the too faced peachy primer and the too faced primed and poreless.

HI @RiniVe,

I have discovered my love for Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g. A little goes a long way with this product. It fills in the pores giving me an amazing base for my foundation to go on with. 🙂

Warmest regards,

Helen

@helenBT I've heard so many great things about the Tatcha...

@HelenBT I've heard so many great things about the Tatcha primer! I have a sample I'm trying to save it for an important occasion but maybe I'll try it sooner! thanks 🙂

My all-time favorite primer is Benefit Porefessional.  I usually go without foundation because I like the light coverage this primer provides @RiniVe.  I have combination skin but not large pores.  Hope that helps!  Smiley Wink 

I've been using the porefessional for years and it's okay...

I've been using the porefessional for years and it's okay, but after a few hours I get so oily and my makeup breaks up. It doesn't work as well for me anymore unfortunately 😞 @ZombieMetroAnt

Re: I've been using the porefessional for years and it's okay...

I waited for the last sale event to get the Tatcha silk canvas, omg so worth it. I little bit goes a long way, works so well for me. Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing