cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Facial Serium for night time

Spoiler

I am looking for a good serum I can use during my night routine. My skin is on the oily side of combo, so most seriums have made mt skin super oily. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Facial Serium for night time

@lexiranae, is there anything in particular you are looking for the serum to do - brightening? hydrating? acne fighting? clarifying / exfoliating? anti-aging? repairing? That'll help us know which serums to recommend.

I didn't even think of that... I am looking for a brightening/moisturizing serum. So sorry about that.

@lexiranae, no problem. Here are some you might want to look into. Most of these are on the spendy side, especially the vitamin C-based ones I mentioned. The Ordinary's alpha arbutin + HA (hyaluronic acid) is a good one (and not vitamin C-based) at a great price point. 

Vitamin C- based brightening serums

Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mL - this contains a chemical exfoliant so when I incorporate this into my skincare routine, I only use it 2 - 3 nights per week. Also, sunscreen is a must every day if you're including vitamin C in your routine.

Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum - this has a cream consistency. It might be too heavy for your skin. 

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright 15% Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL - this one contains a milder form of chemical exfoliant (PHA) and in a lower concentration. You'll want to test for yourself how often is best to use on your skin, if you choose to go with this one.

Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL - the combination of vitamin C and hyaluranic acid will be good for brightening, hydrating and retaining moisture

Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL - I haven't tried this one, but it's been on my radar for a while. No chemical exfoliants. In addition to vitamin C, it also contains squalane, which helps to boost hydration levels and retain moisture.

NON - Vitamin C brightening serum - in case you're allergic or sensitive to vitamin C or if you just don't want to include it in your serum, here are a few that do not contain vitamin C:

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum 1.35 oz/ 40 mL - this is one you could use in the mornings. 

The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Hyperpigmentation Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL - alpha arbutin is good for brightening and hyaluronic acid helps the skin retain moisture. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing