cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Face skincare routine & products newbie

Hello,

Im seeking help on how to choose skincare products. I tend to get overwhelmed when searching for the right product when there are millions to choose from!

I am a mom of 2, who recently started to note to start taking proper care of myself as I am beginning to age. Up to a few months ago, I would litterally only hydrate my face occasionally with cheap pharmacie cream...

I began to notice my face needs proper care.

I have fine lines on my forehead, lots of pores and blackheads on T-zone, blemishes on my cheeks, combination skin.

In summer time, I love soaking up the sun, sadly I never wore sunscreen 😔

It’s better late than never, but it suddenly hit me over this pandemic that I need to start taking care of myself. Unfortunately I am unable to go in store and seek a consultation as to what’s best for my skin due to closures...

I am only 33yrs old but feel and look like I’ve aged much more. 

If anyone has any advice would love to hear! 
thank you 😊 

Re: Face skincare routine & products newbie

For myself I started with the Ordinary and Inkey list products as they are much cheaper then most brands and still get the job done. It's also nice to not spend a ton of money on a product you don't know if you'll like. Once I decided if I like a certain type of treatment I explore trying something a bit more fancy. Alternatively, a lot of brands have kits that contain a handful of sample sized products for a good price. That way you dont waste money on full sized products that you don't like. Then if you like something you can repurchase the full size later. I think The Ordinary's parent company, Deciem has a spot on their website where you can fill out your skin information and they'll help build you a skincare routine to try

I use Tatcha products, I have combination sensitive skin and their products work. I got into a more robust skincare routine in my 30’s as well. The brand is pricy but they have a less pricey ritual starter kit on their website so you can try their products first. They have a line for normal, oily, sensitive, and dry. Good luck on your search! 🙂 

Thank you for the advice and reply!

Will definitely consider this line, seems very interesting and recommended!

@christina2010 . DO NOT get TATCHA. It is an expesnive and worthless line and it has all sorts of fragrance, esentail oils and irritants and it branded for luxury and nothing else. What type of skin do you have. For aging use retinol, I reccomend inkey list retinol. Ease into the retinol, as it irritates a lot of people. Or try CeraVE retinol. It is encapsulated and won't irritate the face at all. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing