Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Combination Skin

Expired skincare product

I bought MD skincare alpha beta peel off eBay.  I just got it and noticed it expired almost 4 years ago but was never opened.  The seller has positive reviews, but unfortunately a no return policy.  Since the product was never opened is it even safe to try and use it?

NO!! Don't even think about putting an expired product on...

NO!! Don't even think about putting an expired product on your face!

It can easily damage your skin due to the expired chemicals in it....

Your better off re purchasing the product. It's not worth putting your skin in danger.

No, don't use the product. Beta-hydroxy products do under...

No, don't use the product. Beta-hydroxy products do undergo a chemical change with time, rendering them unsafe to use past the expiration date. You probably can get your money back via the eBay buyer protection plan, since the product is expired and therefore useless. It is the same as buying a DOA electronic product, or something otherwise not working. I'd try and ask the seller to refund your money since the product is expired, and if they won't work with you, go ahead and file a claim with eBay. My experience with eBay's buyer protection is that it does work, but it is slow.

Good luck!

Hi, I have alot of experience with filing ebay disputes,...

Hi, I have alot of experience with filing ebay disputes, and every time I get a refund.

First, contact the seller and let them know you were done wrong. BTW, did the seller list this info anywhere in the listing? If so, you may be stuck with it. If not, this seller is toast. Ask seller for immediate refund, make sure you are assertive please!!

If the seller does not respond or refuses to refund you, open a case right away with ebay, under the item not as described reason, you can then escalate it to Ebays customer support and they will contact the seller, you'll get your money back either way. I have filed at least 10 cases and got a refund every time. But, stay on top of your case, ebay gets slow and lazy and you MUST keep emailing them or they'll take a month to get your refund. Oh no, dont think so, I bothered them and stressed my case so much I GOT MY REFUNDS WITHIN @ WEEKS OR LESS>

GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFUL ON EBAY

This product is super duper amazing!! And this is why I d...

This product is super duper amazing!! And this is why I don't shop on Ebay. I hope you only paid like $5 for it! Lol, regardless, a little lesson in expired products... I've been working in the industry for over 10 years and my experience has led me to draw this conclusion -

while certain products do expire and go through a chemical change and so on, a chemical change will almost always result in a scent change as well. As long as your products SMELL the same, they are still ok to use. Will it be as potent? No. Might it be more irritating? Yes. Now, you have to be familiar with a product to use that method. Generally, a product with active ingredients has a SHELF LIFE of 2 years, open or not.

So I agree, DO NOT use this one. But definitely get your hands on one thats not expired cuz it ROCKS!!

I have also heard that eBay is really good at complaints, just fyi Smiley Happy

Since the eBay seller has positive reviews and a return p...

Since the eBay seller has positive reviews and a return policy, hopefully he or she will work with you to get the product switched for one that is not expired or return your money.  I would not recommend using the product, but I would not just toss it and let the seller get away with selling you a "bad" product.  I would try every way to resolve the issue with the seller and if they will not come to an appropriate compromise or solution then I would get eBay involved and file a complaint against the seller and make sure that you post on the feedback what happened with your transaction with the seller.  Hopefully, between you, the seller and eBay you can come to a positive resolution.

I hope this helps you. Smiley Happy

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors