Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

EXFOLIATE

How often do you guys exfoliate?  I have a combination skin, so I exfoliate using pure exfoliating cleanser about 4 times per week.  What is your favorite exfoliating scrub or cleanswer?

RE: EXFOLIATE

My favourite exfoliators are Kate Somerville ExfoliKate, Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme, Ole Henriksen Walmut Scrub, and Lush Cup O Coffee. I Exfoliate 2-3 times a week!

Re: EXFOLIATE

@epark330,

I exfoliate about 2-3x a week and use a leave on mask! Kate SomervilleExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment.

https://www.sephora.com/product/exfolikate-intensive-exfoliating-treatment-P232915?icid2=products%20...

❤️ Melissa

haha  Kate Somerville does magic too!  I use it during summer but decided to skip this year because my face got used to it so much that I had to opt for different product.  I now use face gems from Feather and Bone. Sephora doesn't carry it but hopefully some time soon!  

I exfoliate 2-3 times a week and I really like OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balance™ Facial Sauna Scrub 3 oz/ 85 git has a warming and cooling sensation that I really like. 

I haven't tried this one yet!! i will for sure! 🙂 

I tend to exfoliate 2-3x per week and alternate my exfoliating cleanser with a regular cleanser.  I like to use MURAD - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser.

I have sensitive and combo skin and I exfoliate twice a week and go in with the MURAD - Rapid Resurfacing Peel2 to 3 times a week to get rid of my acne and brighten my skin. A lot of cleansers do the job for me, so I don't have a must right now. Although one I always come back to is the FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser because it's really gentle. As of right now, my favorite exfoliating product is the BOSCIA - Exfoliating Peel Gelmakes my skin baby soft (but it hurts a lot, cause it gets stuck in the peach fuzz lol but it's worth it).

Same here!! my skin is sensitive and combination. I love Fresh.  I use face gems from Feather and Bone. It's a beauty startup but they are known for using pure ingredients!  Unfortunately, I can't use every product that's out there. i have to read the label and ingredients now. So tedious!!! 

I usually exfoliate morning and evening with a chemical exfoliator. But I’m (almost) 55 and my skin isn’t reactive. I use Pixi Glow Tonic (Target sells it) in the morning. It’s 5% Glycolic. In the evening I switch things up: Dr Dennis Gross Extra Strength Peel Pads, Alpha H Liquid Gold, Clarins Brightening Exfoliating Toner, First Aid Beauty Pads. 

I might use a scrub scrub once or twice a month. I’ve got one from Oskia that I like. I’m not fond of anything that is harsh at all. I’d much rather use chemical exfoliation. 

I am with you! i am not fond of products that have heavy chemicals. Sometimes they do the magic but my skin is sensitive. Have you heard of face gems from Feather and Bone?  It's a beauty startup and they are well known for using pure ingredients.  I am loving it.  I use it every other day as a gentle scrub.  And, I apply good amount of toner and moisturizer after.  My skin becomes radiant and hydrating haha 

I have combination skin too. I use chemical exfoliation almost daily to keep the acne away and my skin clear and smooth. 

My current favorites (not cleansers or scrubs):  

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum 

I exfoliate once a week, or whenever I notice excessive flakiness. I usually use my daily face wash (Origins Plantscription™ Anti-Aging Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL) and FOREO - LUNA™ mini 2 for physical exfoliation. 

I’ve been very nervous about using any kind of chemical exfoliant/peel on my mostly-dry combo skin because it doesn’t take much of anything to cause a bad reaction on my face. But I got a bunch of exfoliation and peel product deluxe samples, including FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads which are probably the gentlest of the bunch. I finally tried one a couple days ago in place of my physical exfoliation step. It worked fine and my skin’s not throwing a tantrum over it. I’ll use the rest of the sample pack and might buy the full size. I’ve got a lot of other product samples to try, though. 

@epark330 I exfoliate everyday using BHA.  As for a scrub, I've been using PHILOSOPHY - The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Washa few times a week since the summer.  (I like the version they had before the last two re-vamps, though.)  I'm hoping now that it's colder I won't have to do it nearly as often.

face gemsface gems

@epark330 I have sensitive skin so I only exfoliate once a week.  I like using Origins Frothy Face Wash and Origins Ginzing Refreshing Scrub.

I love Origins pink clay mask!!!   I used to suffer from eczema and cystic acne. It's such a very bad combo . So I have to be careful of  with what I apply on my face.   

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • face gems
testing