cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Dry skin in morning and oil slick by afternoon

Hi!

I’m having a problem right now that my skin is very dry in the morning but an oil slick by the afternoon. I use a minimal moisturizer to combat the oil but then it results in patchy, not cute foundation. I can’t win! Any tips?

Heres what I put on my face:

cleanser: glam glow daily exfoliating cleanser 

moisturizer: olehenriksen empowering milk cleansing wash

primer: mac fix+

foundation: NARS sheer glow

powder: mac sheer powder

blush: hourglass palate 

Re: Dry skin in morning and oil slick by afternoon

oh moisturizers, I still haven't found the best moisturizer for my skin. Still on the hunt! 

However, I found that putting on some hydration mask before bed to wear all night has helped my oily afternoon. 

RE: Re: Dry skin in morning and oil slick by afternoon

I also get dry in the am I’m new to primers but I’ve been trying out hydrating ones specifically. Smash box primizer has hylarounic acid and other moisturizing ingredients. I also love NYX hydra touch primer. Really good and keeping oil at bay, reducing redness and moisturizing. If I’m feeling dry during the day I carry Gariners rose water spritze a few times and the touch up the dry spots.

Re: Dry skin in morning and oil slick by afternoon

Hello @AlexisStucky I haven't heard of that Olehenriksen product before however if we aren't giving our skin enough moisture it will over compensate and try to balance itself out by creating MORE OIL - which I suspect might be the case for you. If you like Glamglow and want to stick to a cleanser from them, try switching to Thirsty Cleanse and for moisturizer Water Burst. You will see a difference. Your skin will rebalance. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing