Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Drunk elephant and makeup?

Hi guys! So I have a question because I have been using drunk elephant for about a year now and it is absolutely amazing. But I have noticed that when I put makeup on top it tends to texturize. I have tried using only the hydrating serum from drunk elephant with no vitamin c serum from drunk elephant and using a sunscreen from Dr. Jart which does help to reduce the texturization but my makeup is now beginning to almost slide off from how oily my skin gets within 1-2 hours. I am using the laura mercier hydrating primer, with the lancome liquid foundation and the all nighter setting spray. I have also tried the mineral veil primer but I still have the same issue. I also changed my skincare routine to some products from lancome and i began to breakout so Drunk Elephant is the perfect skincare routine for me. I was wondering if any of you have experienced a similar issue when you apply drunk elephant products and then makeup on top. Any suggestions as to what I could change to help would be great! Thank you in advance!

Re: Drunk elephant and makeup?

Which moisturizer are you using, @jen2016?

Try a mattifying primer, like tarte Poreless Mattifying Primer . I noticed you didn't list a setting powder, so that might be something you can try incorporating. You can also try a technique where you very lightly dust some loose setting powder on your face ("set your primer") before you apply foundation. I personally like Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection Translucent Peach , but I have also heard great things about the new ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Ultimate Blurring Setting Powder . 

@jen2016 I would change your primer to a mattifying one if your skin is getting oily or a blurring one.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing