Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Drunk elephant A passioni advice?

A couple of days ago I bought the DE retinol cream . I used a pea sized amount mixed in with the protini moisturizer they also sell, and it was great. Absolutely no irritation . No peeling . Nothing . Could I possible start using this 2x/week? And also , my skin gets dry around my nose . I noticed this said that it didn’t exfoliate . Will I have to incorporate an exfoliant into my routine ? How does this retinol work for blackheads ? So many questions!

Re: Drunk elephant A passioni advice?

@Mongoose24 , I use a retinol product every night.  I'm on a prescription and I sometimes use A-passioni. I also use Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel pads once or twice a week.  My skin is a big ol mess when left to it's own devices.  Retinol has been a godsend.  Increase you number of nights slowly,  but I definitely feel you can use it 2x a week if it's not bothering you.

Re: Drunk elephant A passioni advice?

@Mongoose24 I don't use the A-Passioni, but I have been using Retin-A for years.  If you are tolerating it well, you can try to bump it us to twice a week and see how you tolerate it.  Since you are being cautious (as you should!) and using the moisturizer, I think things should go smoothly.  There's a risk of getting dryness, but that's par for the course with retinols.  And since you are being conservative, if you do get a little dry/red, the chances are it won't be too severe.  In that case, just back off for a little bit and apply moisturizer.  If you get really dry for some reason, I found that a teeny bit of Neosporin did the trick.

As for around that nose, that is a tricky spot.  I personally didn't use Retin-A on my nose for years b/c I couldn't handle it.  But then I tried it again and I could.  If you are just cautious then I think you can find what's right for you.  Sometimes it's a little trial and error.

You may benefit from chemical exfoliation in addition to retinol.  But since you are just starting out, you may wish to focus on one thing at a time.  BHA is best for blackheads/acne, and AHA is best anti-aging and sun damage.  I personally use by BHA in the morning, AHA midday and retinol at night.

As for blackheads, I think retinoids are better than retinol simply b/c of the strength, and how pesky they can be.  However, retinol may help with your blackheads.  I know some BICers say it's helped them.  

You may enjoy this thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Retinol-Products-Tips-and-Tricks/m-p/4573197

Best of luck!  🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing