Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Combination Skin

Drug-store brand sunblock lotion

What is a good drug store brand sunblock lotion? I am caramel skin color and I get tanned or burned quickly. I do not want to be a burnt burrito this summer, nor do I want to stay inside to avoid the sun. Smiley Sad

Spoiler

I really like Neutrogena sunscreens. They have separate f...

I really like Neutrogena sunscreens. They have separate formulas for face and body and they have UVA and UVB protection; not just one or the other. The face suncreen is a lightweight liquid that dries matte and there is no white cast left on your face. It also dries down to feel like nothing is there so you don't get any type of "heavy" feeling. Whichever you choose look for something that will offer UVA and UVB protection and then you will be sufficiently protected.

Neutrogena FTW! :D   Ulta currently has them on sale and...

Neutrogena FTW! Smiley Very Happy

Ulta currently has them on sale and all their suncare is buy one get one 50% off!

Neutrogena hands down!   There are a lot of purely sunscr...

Neutrogena hands down!

There are a lot of purely sunscreen brands, but they are greasy and leaves white film and possibly cause breakout if you've got oily skin. Neutrogena is more skincare oriented, so their sunscreen have high coverage but don't leave white film or cause breakout or feel suffocating. My favorite especially is the sunscreen spray for the body so I don't need help to reach my back etc, but make sure to spray in a well ventilated place you don't mind getting messy, cuz the fume gets everywhere if you are diligent about coverage (I do it in the garage or bathroom).

I like Ocean Potion. I use the SPF 50 one in  a purple co...

I like Ocean Potion. I use the SPF 50 one in  a purple container. It smells like Orange Julius.

My favorite is Coppertone Sport SPF 50. It doesn't cause...

My favorite is Coppertone Sport SPF 50. It doesn't cause me to break out and comes in a sensible sized tube so you aren't running out all the time. If you can get some, Coppertone Sport For Faces is really good, it doesn't cause breakouts, feels light and doesn't sting if you perspire and get it in your eyes. If your drugstore doesn't have it, try online drugstores. I like the Neutrogena formulas, but they do cause stinging if you get them in your eyes. (I ride horses and my eyes water when we go fast, so the stinging issue is big for me)!

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is drugstore but still pricey for...

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is drugstore but still pricey for a drugstore brand.  It is worth it though; its got a powdery feel when applied so it's not greasy at all.  I use this on my decollectage and hands everyday.  My HG face sunscreen is the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection for the face but when I am out, I use the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer on my face as well.

I agree that Neutrogena makes some great sunscreens. I've...

I agree that Neutrogena makes some great sunscreens. I've tried Ultra Sheer and Clear Face, and they're awesome and not greasy. 

I really like Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock...

I really like Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock. Nice and refreshing for hot and humid Florida weather.

They have so many different different sunblocks that it can get overwhelming. But its really about your preference. I would recommend any sunblock that you do decide to purchase be SPF 15 or greater,  has a "broad-spectrum" sunscreen that protects against UVB and UVA radiation and look for a sunscreen that is "waterproof" or "water-resistant".

And make sure to check your skin. I am 29 years old and was recently diagnosed with skin cancer and getting treatment. Take of yourself. Smiley Happy

Olay also makes a nice one too.  I would call it more of...

Olay also makes a nice one too.  I would call it more of a moisturizer with SPF 15.  It comes in normal and sensitive which I really like.  It's called Olay All Day Moisturizer : Broad Spectrum SPF 15.  But if you are looking for something stronger Neutrogena is great.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors