Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Dr dennis gross alpha beta daily pads

I purchased these today after a sephora associate tried it on me. I noticed an effect immediately which was great (smoother skin). She told me to not use the pads daily as recommended on the box, but rather to use only once a week. Has anyone else used them weekly instead of daily? I'm wondering if this is a common suggestion? Thanks!
Anonymous Insider

I have combination skin and it was harsh and burned a lot. anybody know of something different to use

Re: Dr dennis gross alpha beta daily pads

@Fortyniner49 I love, love, love the DDG Pads. Worth every cent 🙂 I used the Extra Strength version and the results really speak for themselves. I no longer use them every day unless my skin is going through a rough patch, now just a few times a week now, and at night only. But, I have used the pads daily for a week a few times before, especially at the beginning to help my skin along. 

@MissPuff it's so reassuring to hear daily usage, or seve...

@MissPuff it's so reassuring to hear daily usage, or several times a week, wasn't a problem for anyone. I think I may go for a second usage tomorrow. Thanks so much!

I'm also wondering if you use them in the morning or at night and also has anyone tried the extra strength pack, is there a big difference, I'm asking because they had some at the cash for 100 points ??

I use the extra strength and they don’t bother my skin, if you do find it to be too strong for you, you can use the second wipe which neutralizes the acids from the first wipe @Fortyniner49.

I also use it at night. I’m not sure if

anyone told you, but you should also be using an SPF during the day since the ingredients in the peel can cause your skin to become more senstive to the sun while you’re using it, and it’s good to use anyways to protect your skin and avoid sun damage ☺️ 

The difference between them is the type of acids; the universal peels contains Genistein, and the Extra Strength have Mandelic acid and Willow Bark Extract. I would say the BHA from the Willow Bark would be the biggest difference between them 🙂 

Universal Ingredients:
-Glycolic Acid: Reduces the signs of aging.
-Salicylic Acid: Reduces pore blockages and supports natural collagen.
-Malic Acid: Supports natural cell renewal, fights the appearance of wrinkles, exfoliates, and moisturizes.
-Genistein: Supports optimum natural collagen levels.
-Lactic Acid (AHA) and Citric Acid (AHA) 

Extra Strength Ingredients:

-Glycolic Acid: Reduces visible signs of aging.
-Salicylic Acid: Reduces pore blockages and supports natural collagen.
-Mandelic Acid: Supplements the anti-aging benefits of glycolic acid and possesses anti-irritation and anti-redness properties.
-Lactic Acid: A naturally occurring alpha hydroxy acid that supports natural cell renewal.
-Citric Acid (AHA), Malic Acid (AHA), and Willow Bark Extract (BHA)

@bakeamuffin I really appreciate your detailed response!...

@bakeamuffin I really appreciate your detailed response! So helpful, thank you! I usually wear sunscreen but have missed a day here and there but now I will make sure I don't skip it so thank you for that too! Seems like these pads are a hit for most people, I'm so excited to see my results!

@Fortyniner49 when I used mine, I used it only at night.

Thank you! 

@gonerogue wrote:

@Fortyniner49 when I used mine, I used it only at night.

I find once a week to be sufficient @Fortyniner49 😄 I think it’s most important to listen to what your skin is needing, though. If you feel like your skin is smooth and clear, maybe skip that day. Another day you might feel like your skin is congested and could breathe more, or maybe you feel some acne coming on, that’d be a great time to reach for them 😄

I’ve been using them for a couple months now and the results have been great ☺️ Enjoy! 

Thank you! That's great to hear especially because they're expensive. You're right I'll listen to my skin and take it from there. I'm really excited to see the results 🙂

I use mine daily and they work great 🙂

Good to hear! Thanks!

Good to hear! Thanks!

@Fortyniner49

After a break from using these, i'm back to them. I actually do use them daily. I think the price point of using them daily can be a bit scary. Your skins toletance to the acids is also a factor - i dont react at all to them. No redness or tingling. 

@GG84 I'm happy to hear I can use them more than once a w...

@GG84 I'm happy to hear I can use them more than once a week, made no sense to me, maybe she was suggesting I start with once a week, language may have been an issue as English wasn't her first language although she did a great job of selling the product so kudos to her! I think I'll start with twice a week and work myself up to a few times a week. Thanks for helping!

@Fortyniner49 I've really wanted to try these!  The only thing stopping me is the price tag :(.

@Fortyniner49 Back when I was using these peels, I would use it about 2-3x a week and not daily in fear that it would irritate my skin. It never did irritate my skin and I saw immediate results so I think if you stick to using it weekly or biweekly, you should be ok! It’s a really great product and I hope it works out for you as good as it did for me 😬

Thank you for the response! I've been researching what ot...

Thank you for the response! I've been researching what others do and I think you're right. I'll try twice a week like you suggested and if it goes well I'll increase to 3 times a week. Thanks again! 😊
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing