Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Dark spots from sun damage

So, I have really bad dark patches on my face from sun damage 😔 I’m at my breaking point, where I don’t like leaving my house. So I decided to come on here & look for recommendations on products to lighten my dark spots, I have acne prone skin. 

Im looking for 

- lighten products/treatments for dark spots

-  moisturizer bc my face gets really dry

Another thing 🤔 does anyone have tips or tricks to hide the dark spots with makeup?

Re: Dark spots from sun damage

@RachKwiSs have you been to see a dermatologist? It sounds like it could be melasma, which can also be hormone related. Ingredients like Vitamin C, Mandelic Acid, and Tranexamic Acid can all help fade discoloration. Tretinoin is also helpful to fade dark spots. I would speak to a derm first before starting a whole routine. You can use Vitamin C in the morning before sunscreen. I like the The INKEY List 15% Vitamin C and EGF Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL (cheap and does the job) and I really love the Josie Maran Moisturizer SPF 47 which is super hydrating. Slowly incorporate products into your routine so your skin doesn't freak out. You can use a color corrector (peach/orange depending on how deep your skin is)  under your foundation to help mask the dark areas.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing