Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Daily skincare routine suggestions

hi! I've been doing research into what is the best skincare routine and its sooo hard because we have different skin and problems areas, but any guidance would be great! Right now I'm on a clean beauty journey, so i'm migrating into using only clean products. My skin is combo, sometimes on the drier side but my new products have help. Problem area is severe dark circles, it's mostly hereditary but ugh i hate them. My thought is if i'm going to start moving into clean products for my skin then i should have a healthy routine!

Morning:

usually just wash with water and then put moisturizer and started doing a vitamin c serum and eye cream

Products:

Moisturizer - Usually Drunk elephant Polypeptide Moisturizer and if I'm out of Drunk elephant then YTP Glowberry Oil (this has done wonders for my dry skin)

Eye cream - Ordinary Caffeine solution  

Night: 

Wash makeup off with my cleanser (i know not great!), then use toner, then apply my moisturizer, and finally some eye cream.

Products:

Cleaner -NEUTROGENA Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser when i finish this i'm going back to YTP Superfood Cleanser 

Toner - Thayers Witch Hazel toner

Moisturizer - YTP Glowberry Oil 

Eye Cream - Cant remember it was a sample

Thanks 🙂 

Re: Daily skincare routine suggestions

@StephMKay  I agree with @itsfi  i really enjoy Farmacy products.  Have you checked out the skin care of the day thread? You can see what other people are doing and what their skin concerns are. I like to check it out to get inspiration and see reviews on products I might want to try!! I’ll try and add the link. 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-Routine-of-the-Day/td-p/5146142

I haven't but im going to start following now ! thanks fo...

I haven't but im going to start following now ! thanks for the tip !!!

Re: Daily skincare routine suggestions

@StephMKay, Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL is a great Vitamin C product from a clean beauty brand. The brand’s balm cleanser is also very nice. Sephora carries the original version - Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and there’s a cherry version of it available on the Farmacy website. There’s also an eye cream that has received good feedback; I haven’t tried it yet so I don’t know how it performs.

Your routine looks like a nice one. Do you have a SPF you like? If not, you might consider Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.

thank you! I will definitely check out the farmacy produc...

thank you! I will definitely check out the farmacy product you recommend. I believe I've tried the original not the cherry. I actually wasn't crazy about the texture of it. but not sure if the cherry is the same so I'll check it out. as for spf.. no I don't use anything. I will check out goops as I'm on the hunt for one! thanks so much 😊

Re: thank you! I will definitely check out the farmacy produc...

@StephMKay, the cherry version has the same texture as the original balm. If you prefer something other than a balm texture, Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL is lovely. Other clean cleansers that I’ve really liked are: 

REN CLEAN SKINCARE - Perfect Canvas Clean Jelly Oil Cleanser - it starts as a balm and turns into an oil consistency as you massage it into your skin, breaking up and dissolving makeup, sunscreen, etc and then emulsifies into a light milky texture when you add water to it. One of my new favorite cleansers. 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Skin Gel Cleanser with Prebiotics is a new discovery for me this year (lots of brands have been coming out with great new cleansers of late). It feels refreshing as it cleanses my skin. I’ve been using some promo samples but plan to pick up a full size at the next sale. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing