Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Daily Skincare Routine Product Suggestions

My skin type is dry/more so dehydrated on the outer parts of my face, and oily on my t-zone areas. My concerns are dullness, dark spots under eyes, sunken eyes, uneven skin tone/texture, small to medium clogged pores, blackheads & whiteheads, minimal redness/rosacea on cheeks. 

I currently have a somewhat basic routine atm with just using:
-Clean&Clear Facial Wash

-The Ordinary : Salicylic Acid 2% Solution, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, & Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

-Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisterizer 

BUT I've been trying to find a complete skin care routine to experience maximum efficient long term effects and also budget friendly. 

I have written down SO MANY different products and read many reviews but I still feel iffy making the product judgments on my own with little experience/knowledge. Could anyone help me please?!

Re: Daily Skincare Routine Product Suggestions

heyy! i have pretty similar skin, so here’s what i would and wouldn’t recommend:

-ditch the clean and clear, definitely stripping

- try either one of these Herbivore Pink Cloud Rosewater + Squalane Makeup Removing Face Wash 3.38 oz/ 100 mL or Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 

- try a lightweight moisturizer like the versed dew point gel cream or First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair BarriAIR Cream or First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream 

- also, use a sunscreen!! any supergoop one is good or First Aid Beauty Weightless Liquid Mineral SPF 30 

@Gxlynne Clean & Clear products can be harsh and cause redness and irritation, I’d recommend a more gentle hydrating cleanser like the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser from the drugstore. Have a great day! 😊

If you want to up your routine, try CeraVe moisturizing cream and versed dew point gel cream if you don't like heavy moisturizers. For a gentle clean to get rid of pores and dirt without over stripping, try Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser, also try La roche posay tolerance hydrating cleanser. If the ordinary is sticky or tacky try The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL For masks I recommend Origins Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Face Mask to Clear Pores 2.5 oz/ 75 mL . MoistuRIZER Again can be Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL . Use Krave Beauty great barrier relief serum to restore your skin's natural moisture barrier. Always use sunscreen has a separate product from moisturizer. SPF 15 won't cut it and that is probably why you have irritation, from harmful UV rays inside from screens and technology and the sun outside. Try First Aid Beauty Weightless Liquid Mineral SPF 30 or a CeraVe product. 

@Gxlynne Building on what you already have in place, I might keep the Ordinary products if they are working for you and look at switching out the cleanser and moisturizer. For a gentle cleanser, I'd consider PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser or First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL. To help with the dry areas of your face a hydrating serum or toner might be helpful- something like fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mL or Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. For moisturizer, something like BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb might be a good choice. To help with the dullness and unevenness of tone, I'd recommend looking into vitamin C serums. Do you have a sunscreen already? 

RE: Re: Daily Skincare Routine Product Suggestions

The Aveeno Daily Moisterizer has sunscreen & is SPF 15. I’m looking for a moisturizer that has both just to save me the extra step of applying a product to my face.

RE: Re: Daily Skincare Routine Product Suggestions

Biossance has an amazing non toxic formula sunscreen. no joke, its the only sunscreen i’ll wear now cause it doesnt even smell or feel sticky like most sun screens! its a mineral sunscreen with no white cast and is formulated with Squalane so technically it’s hydrating enough to be a day cream (although i will say, you really should have a seperate day cream and sunscreen for days where you dont wear sunscreen and to maximize the benefits of your skincare routine but thats just my opinion)

Re: RE: Re: Daily Skincare Routine Product Suggestions

You really need a standalone sunscreen of at least 30 spf to give you adequate protection.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing