Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Combination Skin Woes

I have combination skin, oily on my forehead and and and around my nose and dry patches on my cheeks, especially in winter. Other than the T-Zone I'd say my skin is more dry than oily overall. I also get mild acne which admittedly calms down a bit when I REALLY focus on my skincare. I'm in my early 30's so my skin has a few dark spots and such from sun damage and acne acne scarring, which is super fun. 

What I'm looking for is a moisturizer that works well under makeup, keeps my dry patches at bay, and isn't so thick that it causes my T-Zone to be an oil patch or breaks me out. 

I've used Kiehl's Facial Cream, the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet from Caudalie, as well as the Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre. (not sold at Sephora) 

Re: Combination Skin Woes

I have similar issues. I'm in my mid-twenties, and I experience a lot of texture issues on my skin, especially in my dry areas. My go-to moisturizer right now has been the Tarte Drink of H2O. I find that water-based moisturizers are more helpful than a heavier cream moisturizer because it doesn't leave a greasy film and it doesn't hinder other skincare from doing its job. It also works great under makeup! I try to wait about 15-30 min after using my skincare before applying my makeup.

I also use a serum underneath in order to improve texture and lock in the moisture where it's needed.

Hopefully this is helpful. Good luck on your skincare journey!

Re: Combination Skin Woes

Great! I'll get a sample and check it out. I've tried a few water creams in the past but I wasn't sure if they'd be moisturizing enough for my skin in winter. Excited to give this a shot!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing