Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Bumpy forehead?!

I have these horrible little bumps on my forehead that NEVER seem to go away. They aren’t pimples (no white head).No matter how clear the rest of my skin is. I have pretty dry-combination skin. I do tend to still get breakouts.. more so now then I did as a teen (I’m 27 yo with an 18 mo)! I’ve always had these bumps and it’s so frustrating! I use a Clarisonic, good cleanser and moisturizer! I haven’t worn my foundation in so long because it makes the bumps more pronounced 😭. I just want clear skin. Any help I’d appreciate!

Re: Bumpy forehead?!

Did you ever figure out how to clear this up? I have the exact same thing currently; it's driving me mad!

Anonymous Insider

Hi!! I just came across your post as I was searching for this same issue.  I’ve been trying to figure this out for years! So much that I’ve ended up with a major bad habit of trying to pick them to go away 😞 .. I know, it causes scarring and is super dangerous (everyone please spare me the lecture.. I’m trying really hard to stop).  Anyway, have you figured out what’s going on?? Please let me know what has worked for you!! ❤️

Sometimes bumpy skin like that can be the cause of dehydrated skin. Have you ever gotten a hydration reading at a Sephora location?

Hmmm... Your skin appears a bit irritated in my opinion. There is overall redness and texture issues. I would go easy on the Clarisonic and use a gentle cleanser. Personally, I love La Roche Posay Hydrating Gentle cleanser. It is not drying and works great with my combination skin type. Follow up with a good toner and moisturize well. Also, I would recommend re-evaluating the products that you are using. There might be an ingredient that is not compatible with your skin and causing a reaction. In my case, I cannot use products with mineral oil, alcohol, coconut, and several others. If you personally feel that your skin is not irritated and it is solely a bumpy congested skin issue, a chemical exfoliator will do the trick. The previous poster gave great advice. 

Hope you find a solution soon!

i agree that the ren glycol lactic mask is BRILLIANT. another option in that vein is the REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 8.5 oz / 250 mL which can be used with more regularity than the mask. but if you use a chemical exfoliant, shelve the clarisonic, it'll be overexfoliation which can mess with your skin barrier and cause this sort of texture. (regardless of what you try, i HIGHLY recommend shelving the clarisonic for a month or so and see if you notice a difference). 

@chelspaigexo Do you use any chemical exfoliant? If not, I would definitely start there. You have a few options. REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

is an EXCELLENT glycolic + lactic acid mask. It combines the two acids in a mask form to gently exfoliate. I’m a seasoned user of chemical exfoliants, and I always go back to this mask. 

My daily peel is Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus

it is a two step peel, step A combined 7 different AHA and BHA’s in a pre-soaked pad that you run along your skin for 2 minutes. You wait for 2 minuets then apply Step B another pre-soaked pad to the skin which is soaked in neutralizer. This treatment I do every night before bed and my skin is baby soft and smooth when I wake up in the morning. It gets rid of texture, acne, helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
testing