Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Blackheads and large pores

Heeey, I really need help to get rid of my nose’s blackheads nada large pores. Please tell me products that are very effective 😭😭 I can’t stand to see the anymore. Do yo think it’s better if go through a deep facial cleansing before applying all the products?? 

Re: Blackheads and large pores

HI @Camila0599 ! There’s a Blackhead Dissolving Gel from Shoppers Drug Mart that’s such a holy grail! I’d also recommend Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL . I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 😊

These are some of my favorite products. Hope you find something that works for you. 🙂

As far as cleansing... definitely make sure your face is thoroughly cleansed before applying any skincare products. But I wouldn't use any physical exfoliants or anything like that before using an acid. 

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL  Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Mini Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 5 Treatments 

@Camila0599 

Have you already tried BHA (salicylic acid)? That ingredient gets down into your pores to degunk them. A very popular leave-on product is Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid. Paula's Choice has other leave-on BHA exfoliants, like the CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (I've used and loved that one; it also contains 2% BHA) and other products with a higher % of BHA. Or you can try their face wash, Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser which contains 0.5% BHA: apply it to your face, let it sit for a minute, then rinse it off. 

For products Sephora sells, The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser and The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Acne + Pore Cleanser look like good options. You could also try The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque which is a combo of BHA, clay, and charcoal—3 ways to attack acne and possibly loosen existing blackheads. 

Whatever you do, don't try to extract blackheads yourself via squeezing/popping or an extraction tool. Make an appointment for a pro to do that for you. 🙂 Otherwise you risk worsening the problem. 

I’ve tried BHA in other products. But thank you I’ll check your products ❤️

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing