Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Best skincare brand?

Hello people I am struggling to buy a good skincare brand that I can stick to and continue using. My skin is combination and every now and then I end up getting cystic pimple here and there. I like skin products by Murad, Caudalie and Olehenriksen but never used them. I am looking for the following products to enhance and improve my skin. Also I have acne scars from acne which I suffered from back in school. I am now in my 30's. Any suggestions and guidance will help much appreciated! Looking for :-

1. Gel-based cleanser
  2. Moisturizer (my skin gets dry especially when I apply foundation I see dry patches on the cheeks) even though I currently use "Simple" moisturizer but still leaves dryness on the cheeks.
  3. Hyaluronic serum (currently I use Sdara vitamin C and hyaluronic serum.

Thank you in advance !!

Best skincare brand?

@NavinK, if you want to stick to a single brand, be sure to choose one with a retinol option. This will help with your cystic acne as well as scarring, and has been clinically proven to both reverse and prevent aging. I realize that most brands have at least one retinol product, but many don't. To be honest, in your thirties, pretty much any brand will work for your skin, as you don't yet need high-powered anti-aging solutions. If you see a couple of brands you like, look for tester kits of mini-sized products to try. Not too many brands contain single ingredient products like rosehip oil, and a good sunscreen is critical, so be prepared to go outside your chosen brand for things here and there. But there nothing wrong with sticking with a single brand for most products, it simplifies life and opens you up to great loyalty rewards if you shop straight from the brand site. Drunk Elephant is a good brand with a wide variety of products, but there are others. Philosophy is a great brand for building a simple routine. Obviously, budget is also a factor, and investing time into research will pay off for years to come.

RE: Best skincare brand?

I have had a lot of luck with Drunk Elephant skincare products. Would definitely recommend.

Re: Best skincare brand?

@NavinK 

There is nothing wrong with mixing brands. I love Dr Dennis Gross products, most of my skincare is by him, however my cleanser I choose to purchase from a different brand. My physical Exfoliator - different brand. Sunscreen - different brand, etc. In fact I think it would be exceptionally rare to find an entire routine with just one brand 🤷🏼‍♀️

Here are my recs: 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel 7.5 oz/ 225 mL

fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mL

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

Dang, I remember when cleanser and moisturizer were consi...

Dang, I remember when cleanser and moisturizer were considered a routine! Those were the days!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing