Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Best products to buy for oily, dehydrated skin with clogged pores?

Hi friends! Let me know your favorite products for oily, sensitive, dehydrated skin with blackheads and adult breakouts? My skin is a challenge and I would love to hear what worked or absolutely did NOT work for you! 

many thanks! 

Re: Best products to buy for oily, dehydrated skin with clogged pores?

@bmeis123 

In general, hydration has been the key for me to solve most of my skin's issues like break-outs, sensitivity, oiliness etc. - dehydration can lead to a lot of those & I wish I had know that sooner. 

I also love double cleansing & chemical exfoliation. It has made a huge difference for me. 🙂

RE: Re: Best products to buy for oily, dehydrated skin with clogged pores?

I Absolutely second this! Gentler chemical exfoliants are wonderful for combo skin and acne (my fave Isnt sold at sephora but its the Aveda Botanical Kinetics exfoliant toner seriously a life changer) As for other products, i recommend a retinol actually! Glow Recipe’s Melting Avocado Sleeping Mask. I have done a ton of research on retinols for acne/post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (and even reached out to the company to ask and make sure it was safe to use on acne) and ive seen only positive results in my skin. Holy grail product for sure Also hydrocolloid patches: game. Changers. Whatever brand, doesnt matter i like Rael and Peace Out regardless, theyre magic for zitz that are open already (aka popped) they pull out all the exess grossness that even extractors cant get plus they keep the site protected from bacteria and your fingers. Cannot recommend them enough!

Thank you so much for your list of suggestions!

Are there any products you're currently using that you're looking to change out or want to keep in your routine, @bmeis123?

I recently bought the Kate Somerville KX Ceramides + Omegas Serum and I am loving it! My dry patches are slowly going away and it is helping with redness and inflammation. 

I also started simplifying my skincare routine. I am using La Roche-Posay products because they are great for sensitive skin and fragrance-free. As far as treatments go, I have been using Renee Rouleau Skin Correcting Serum and Pore + Wrinkle Correcting Serum. I had been using No BS Beauty's Retinol Night Cream and their Vitamin C, but I am currently quarantined away from home, and do not have all of my products with me.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing