Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Best primers for oily skin

Hi,

I've been looking for a primer that will help control my oil on my t-zone (nose is the worst). It would like it to help minimize the appearance of pores. I have huge pores on my nose and around it. I've used the following and they haven't worked out for me because they didn't control oil or don't go with my foundations.

-Becca matte primer - did nothing for me

-Makeup Forever Mattifying Primer

-Benefit Porefessional - this had help with pores but yesterday and today it didn't 

-One from Boscia - I don't remember the name - it was the one that worked the best unfortunately it doesn't work well with my foundations. I use Clinique Beyond Perfecting and FentyBeauty 

I need your help. Yesterday and today I was so oily and I was using FentyBeauty foundation 😩

Re: Best primers for oily skin

I use the Smashbox pore minimizing primer with Estee Lauder Double Wear.  You could also try the Makeup Forever smoothing primer.  

RE: Best primers for oily skin

Laura Mercier Secret Finish- Mattifying, it can be used either under or over makeup depending on oily levels and works pretty well for me. Have you tried using a matte finish foundation (maybe one that is cream to powder) and/or with a setting AND Finishing powder?

Re: Best primers for oily skin

Have you tried the Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue? I like it more than the original porefessional when I have combo skin. I have heard good reviews on the Too Faced one:  https://www.sephora.com/product/primed-peachy-cooling-matte-perfecting-primer-peaches-cream-collecti...

If you like silicone primers, the Smashbox one is also a favourite. https://www.sephora.com/product/photo-finish-foundation-primer-P9889?skuId=1349968&icid2=smashbox_be...

Hope this helps you! 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing