Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Best moisturizer for combo skin

Hi I’m looking for a good moisturizer for combo skin! I had tried numerous drugstore ones but they just don’t cut it, I always go back to using the Clinique DDML on my cheeks, and the DDMG on my t zone. I want to have one moisturizer that balances my skin, hydrates and makes skin glow, and doesn’t clog my pores and cause breakouts! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!❤️

Re: Best moisturizer for combo skin

Hi @cosette123

I recommend the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL, this is a lightweight moisturizer. When applying this product it has a cooling feeling, which is amazing (really wakes my skin up in morning). Provides the right amount of moisture and sinks in quickly so that I am able to apply my makeup right after. Hope this helps! 🙂

Warmest regards,

Helen

I also love boscia's Cactus Water Moisturizer. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and hydrated without a greasy feel. Also works amazing under foundation! BOSCIA - Cactus Water Moisturizer

@nalalalaa,

I second the Cactus Water Moisturizer! I got it as a sample and ended up purchasing the larger size. Gel moisturizers tend to work best for my oily skin.

❤️ Melissa

Thank you guys so much! I have been eyeing The Water Cream, Boscia’s Cactus Moisturizer, and Lapis for a few days now! I will definitely try those out! 

I have sensitive / combo skin and can relate with the acne issues. I am always searching for some good moisturizers that fit my picky skin's needs. I heavily recommend using a different moisturizer for the day / night. I use the BOSCIA - Cactus Water Moisturizer for the day as it provides some lightweight moisture that won't leave any residue or greasiness on the skin. I use the JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter at night as it is a heavier cream that will restore the skin and reduce the amount of moisturizer that I need to use in the morning (I like the lightweight feeling on my skin during the day). 

Another thing I would recommend is using a facial oil. Oils will help you balance your skin (for the acne) as well as provide an extra, deeper layer of hydration to the skin. I love the Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, it is AMAZING for bringing balance to the skin. Or you can spring for some oils that also target acne such as the Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL (it has salicylic acid). 

Another great product for acne is the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum. It is 12% BHA / AHA and will really help to resurface the skin, fight acne and reduce acne scars. (USE SPF THE MORNING AFTER THIS). 

And although some of these products are a bit pricey, they will last you a loonnnggg time (oils can go for months and months as you only use 1-2 drops at a time) and the Night Serum is only recommended to be used once every 2-3 nights. (The serum won't dry you out).

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

You should try Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Cream.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing