Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Best full coverage foundation for combo skin?!

Hey everyone! So I have combination skin but my main issue is dry patches and a lot of foundations seem to make it look so much worse and get cakey. I tried the Nars radiant foundation and it started separating on my face after a few hours, most Clinique foundations seem to do the same thing. I liked the tarts Amazonian clay it was long lasting on me but seemed to look cakey as well. Lastly I tried the Mac studio fluid and it looked sooo cakey and streaky!!! I’m on the hunt for the best full coverage foundation without looking so cakey. I try not to go overboard with how much I use and I do moisturize and prime my face and set with a little powder in my t zone. I was going to go back to Sephora and get some samples to try out but I’m trying to narrow it down, any help would be appreciated!!!

Re: Best full coverage foundation for combo skin?!

I highly recommend checking out DIOR - Dior Airflash Spray FoundationIt's very lightweight, covers nicely (plus buildable), and doesn't clump. 

My application steps are usually as follows - 

1.) Apply serum, moisturizer, & eye cream - I find that this helps my skin feel really prepped

2.) Apply a moisturizing primer. I really like Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mL

3.) Follow up with your foundation + concealer (I use a Beauty Blender to apply my foundation)

DIOR - Dior Airflash Spray Foundation

GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Master Corrector - 2 Orange

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine

4.)  If you want to set your foundation, then I would recommend using a setting spray or a really fine setting powder like the STELLAR - Cosmic Face Haze Finishing Powder - Haze

Hope this help!

RE: Re: Best full coverage foundation for combo skin?!

Thank you so much!! Does that foundation spray on or is it a normal liquid foundation? I hope I’m able to pick up a sample

Re: RE: Re: Best full coverage foundation for combo skin?!

Hi @olivia523 - the Dior foundation is a spray, but what I usually do is spray the product onto a disc of some sort (I most commonly use the plastic tops from a pringles can or the plastic tops from a q-tips product). After I spray the product, I apply with either a brush or my BeautyBlender.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing