cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Best combination foundation

Hi guys I’m in need of a new foundation to wear for my prom coming up I have combination skin where I get super oily to the point my face looks wet but I also have dry patches foundation often clings to and flakes off as well as having acne prone skin I like a satin or matte finish and really need help with this! Keep in mind I’m very pale with a neutral undertone, thanks so much!

Best combination foundation

I know you didn't ask, but from your description it sounds like your skin might be dehydrated. That can cause overproduction of oil in some places while leaving dry patches on other parts of the same face. If you aren't already drinking tons of water every day, you might try it for a few weeks to see if things improve. Students tend to drink tons of caffeine and sugary sodas because life and stress, but I don't want to stereotype. Try starting with half a gallon per day, 64 ounces or about 2 liters. And it doesn't have to all be literal water, you can drink Propel, green tea, whatever has little to no caffeine and sugar. If this does help, you don't have to do it forever, you can time it to get amazing glowy prom skin then drink soda and energy drinks all summer long.

Re: Best combination foundation

I've tried a number of different foundations over the years and finally settled on tarte's face tape foundation. (Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't carry it, but Ulta does. You can also order it directly from tarte, too, of course.) It comes in quite a few shades, including shades for different undertones (pink, yellow, neutral), and it provides great coverage without feeling too heavy IMO. If you're looking for oil control and a matte finish, however, you might want to invest in a good primer. I have always struggled with oil control throughout the day, too. I used to use different finishing powders without any success, but this year I bought SUPERGOOP! - Mattescreen Sunscreen SPF 40 and have been really pleased with it. It provides a nice finish, and my skin has never looked so un-oily at the end of the day -- just a little glow. I highly recommend! Good luck, and I hope you have a great time at prom!

Hi @aruttan,

I recommend the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75. It's a best selling foundation that gives a luminous finish to the skin and won't cling to dry patches on the skin. It's also the perfect foundation for special occasions, as it makes the skin look flawless.

@Anonymous I second @PenelopeBT's recommendation! The Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is a great foundation for those with combination skin. The ESTÉE LAUDERDouble Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation is another one of my favorites and doesn't tend to cling to dry patches!

https://www.sephora.com/product/double-wear-stay-in-place-makeup-P378284

Always,

Danee

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing