Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Becca First Light Priming Filter?

Ive heard that this primer can leave a gray cast on the skin defeating the brightening effect, has anyone experienced that? And how hydrating is this primer? Will it make my combo skin oily? Or left feeling dehydrated?

RE: Becca First Light Priming Filter?

I think that would happen if your undertone is too warm, maybe?

Re: RE: Becca First Light Priming Filter?

I have a neutral undertone, I think I'll give it try. I just wish it came in a smaller size. 

I have seen half ounce trial sizes of the primer in the beauty on the fly section near checkout. The price was $24 CAD I believe. I don't know why that size isn't offered online. I am not sure if that size is available in the US, but it's worth it to check if you live near a store. I really like the primer under foundation, and its the current primer I use. I have yellow/warm undertones as well. I do find it too dewy looking if I'm just wearing concealer. The only reason you should see a gray cast is if you apply too much. 1 pump works for my entire face.

Re: Becca First Light Priming Filter?

I haven't gotten a gray cast from it at all. Also, I find that on my skin it actually has a slight hydrating effect, and I have normal to dry skin.

I have been really enjoying the First Light Priming Filter, and haven't found that it leaves a grey cast on the skin! I do think the trick to this product is applying a very thin, even layer, as it will dry as white/purple streaks on the face if you don't blend out fully. I also have combo skin and I find this to be a great primer; it's sufficiently hydrating and plays very nicely with foundation (I've been wearing it with the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Fluide). 

Thanks for the feedback! If it's fully blended could I wear it alone? 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Becca First Light Priming Filter?

I have had that issue. Not sure why, it leaves skin feeling try and taught.

Thanks for the feedback! Do you have and good primer recommendations? 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing