Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

At a loss for a foundation color match

Good morning. I read that Sephora has a foundation match tool. I’ve been struggling for a long time to find a match in a liquid foundation in a formula that’s safe for sensitive, dry, aging, acne-prone, often red skin. I’ve never found a sales associate in any store who could meet all those criteria. I’m sure it’s not an easy ask. I’d like to get scanned with the tool to at least be positive I know my correct color and then go from there. But I’ve read I can only get it with a $50 consultation. If I’m going to spend so much on foundation, I certainly can’t afford to have to spend $50 just to be scanned. Is there a way to have them do it for free knowing I’m going to then make a purchase? Thanks!

Re: At a loss for a foundation color match

I wasn’t impressed with the Sephora tool it matched me with neutral undertones which I might be a tad in the summer but I’m definitely cool undertones. I would say you need to do it twice a year if you live in the North American region one for summer and another for spring n winter

@Stephylin - Macy's will match you for free as well.

I’ve had it done twice at Sephora and it’s free.  Try the Make up Forever HD skin foundation.  My skin sounds a lot like yours.  I’ve realized that some lines of foundation simply do not have a good color match for me or it oxidizes and turns orange.  

Thank you so much for the recommendation. I will definitely try that one!

@Stephylin Beauty counters like Nordstrom do that for free

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing