Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Any tips for a makep routine that will last all day?

Hey guys!  I'm currently using the tarte amazonian clay liquid foundation and smashbox primer, with maybelline fit me powder. It doens't look smooth (and Im good at application, beauty blender, moisterize exfoilate etc) and looks crusty, greasy by the middle of the day. All of my redness shows through (which is the main concern) and my skin feels irritated. Any reccomendations? Thankyou beauties 🙂

Re: Any tips for a makep routine that will last all day?

@jeskayjam Hey! Everyone's skin is different so my method may not work (or work as well) on you as it does on me, but here's my morning skin makeup routine: 

1.Wash face with gentle cleanser and slap on a sheet mask. 

2. With mask on, wash hair in the shower without getting too much water on the face. 

(I never let the showerhead spray directly hit me. I heard it may aggravate sensitive skin + make pores larger)

3. Get out of shower and dry hair. When the mask has been absorbed, take it off. 

4. When your skin is less slick, apply Sunscreen. Then add a thin layer of gel-like moisturizer. (I use L'oreal) 

5. After that's been absorbed, pat a thin layer of whatever foundation that works best for you (I use Age21 Cushion or Cliio Kill Cover or Lancome Teint Miracle)

6. Fix by using UD Setting spray. 

7. Set with powder only on the T-zone, not with a brush but with a puff. (I use It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores, my HG, but everyone has different preferences for setting powder)

8. If there's any redness or dark circles still showing through, apply small dots of concealer (usualy NARS creamy concealer. But Hey Honey Trick and Treat works great too) on the area and gentle pat it in with your finger. (then set, if needed) 

Everything has to be a thin-thin layer, or else it will start building and sliding around 😞 

At least on me, because I have dry-greasy skin (terrible). 

The sheet mask helped a lot. My makeup usually stays fixed now. 

(On days when I need more help, I also use YSL Touche Eclat Primer)

I really need to try your routine haha! I never knew the thing about the showerhead, interesting! And I've never used a sheet mask before. Do you use one every day?

@jeskayjam usually four times a week! 

Other times, I apply some kind of moisturizing mask on immediately after washing my face (e.g. A'pieu Sorbet Mask or LUSH Sacred Truth). I keep those in the fridge to wake myself up lol. 

Okay I'll have to check those out.I've been dying to go to Lush lately lol. Thankyou so much for everything - you are so sweet and helpful :)! ❤️ 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing