Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Acne Scars and Hyperpigmentation

Hi! I have struggled with acne for years and as a result I have a lot of acne scars/hyperpigmentation. I no longer get as many break outs but I will get a few pimples from time to time. I am trying to come up with a new skin care routine to help reduce my acne scars. I started this new routine a couple of days ago and found that I got small white pimples. I am not sure exactly what product caused this or if it was the combination of using some of these products. 

During the Day 

1) Drunk Elephant Pekee™ Cleansing Bar 4 oz/ 120 g

2) The INKEY List Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) Gentle Exfoliating Toner 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

3) The INKEY List Alpha Arbutin Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

4) The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

5) Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Then at night instead of the sunscreen I would use The INKEY List Tranexamic Acid Hyperpigmentation Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL

I would love any feedback anyone has about my routine and the products I am currently using. Should I use something else? or do I need to change the way that I should use these products?. Thank you so much!!! 

Re: Acne Scars and Hyperpigmentation

It might be the PHA causing your skin to purge. Purging happens when you use products that speed up the regeneration of your skin cells causing your clogged pores to form pimples or what you see as whiteheads. Products that can be a factor of this include AHAs, BHAs, retinoids, or vitamin C. I've used retinoids and from my experience, the purging stage usually leaves after 1-2 weeks of consistent use of the product.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing