Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty

dark circles

Hi i want to get rid of my dark circles but my skin is fragrance and alcohol free. any one got home remedies or tips to get rid of it. Thank youu 

Tags:

Re: dark circles

Agree with the previous responses. Dark circles can be hereditary, fatigue, allergies, age or eye strain. You can try using a depuffing tool or roller to get your blood moving and bring down inflammation or cold compresses. Some

people suggest using tea bags (i have never tried this though). Staying hydrated and keeping your head elevated while sleeping are all

natural treatments. 

Hi @harleen17 ! Do you know what's causing your dark circles? (UV damage, allergies, lack of sleep, sunken skin, genetics?) Different causes have different possible solutions. 

Sun damage: Look for products containing retinol, kojic acid, vitamin C, and/or arbutin—and make sure they’re safe to use under your eyes. Don't bring them all the way up to your lash line. I had some UV damage hyperpigmentation under my eyes a few years ago, and Dr. Dennis Gross's old formula of Retinol + Ferulic eye serum knocked it out. I've never tried the new formula ( Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Triple Correction Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL ) so I can't speak to it. The new one contains bakuchiol, an ingredient that needs more scientific study to back up its "same results as retinol" claim but might be beneficial. 

Allergies (sinus pressure, inflammation, and/or frequent eye rubbing): Good ol’ antihistamines can help, which you’d likely be taking anyway for allergy symptoms. Cold compresses also help me a lot here. So do serums and refrigerated eye patches that contain anti-inflammatory ingredients like green tea, licorice root, and centella asiatica. 

Sunken skin (hollow tear troughs): These dark circles are mostly shadows created by the sunken skin. Plumping up the sunken skin can reduce them; injectable fillers provide the best and fastest results, though they’re temporary and pricey. You can also try a topical hydrating/moisturizing product to plump the skin, but it won’t give you anywhere near an injectable’s results. Concealers can also work wonders here. 

I have this kind of undereye darkness. I’m not willing to go the injectables route yet, so I rely on hydration/moisturization and concealer/color corrector in my tear troughs. I often apply a bit of a color correcting shade of concealer (for me, that's a bisque or deep peachy orange shade) or a shade very close to my natural skin tone, just in my tear troughs where darkness appears. Then I apply an even smaller bit of a lighter shade of concealer right in the hollow—exactly where the shadow is—and very carefully blend it out, keeping it off the raised skin around my hollow tear troughs. This technique creates an optical illusion that kinda lifts the hollow skin up, making it appear brighter and less sunken. Or, sometimes I apply my usual skin-match concealer shade and then use a tiny bit of subtle highlighter in my tear trough to bounce light off those shadows. 

Your genes (hereditary dark circles): If other family members have dark circles, it's doubtful any topical skincare product will remove yours as they might be hereditary. Concealer and/or color correcting products are your best bet. 

@harleen17 unless they're caused by lack of sleep, dark circles are usually hereditary. You can make eyes look less puffy but not always less dark. Your best bet might be to use a color corrector to help neutralize them. This is coming from someone who has had dark circles since I was a teenager. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing