Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

What were your clean beauty favourites in dry regions, for 2020?

💦Hi! This is my first time posting in the group 😊. My southeast Asian skin is dry, living in Canada. I seem to do well with skin hydration in tropical climates. What do you use for: cleanser + moisture, in dry regions - or during wintertime?

Ready to say buhbyeee to 2020! Happy Holidays!!!

Re: What were your clean beauty favourites in dry regions, for 2020?

@FoxxiRoxy Definitely also recommend a cream cleanser (for the second step of your double cleanse to remove makeup and spf, as well as a morning cleanser). I'm partial to the philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser 240 ml . I like using a balm as the first step of my nightly double cleanse, like the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm or Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL .

For moisturizer, try a creamy one with ceramides, like Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL or Sunday Riley ICE Ceramide Moisturizer with Vitamin F 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. You could also use a ceramide serum, as well as a hylauronic acid serum, and add any moisturizer on top (my dry skin in a dry climate still didnt prefer too many heavy creams, but layering a lot of hydrating and soothing products seems to work better, so its about finding what works for you). I'd also recommend a face oil for after your moisturizer to seal it all in. I'm partial to the mixing the Herbivore Orchid,Phoenix and Lapis ones together, but there are a lot of great face oils on the market. Plus, always SPF (after face oil has absorbed).

You might also look into a gentle chemical exfoliator (AHAs, like lactic acid or glycolic acid) for night, once or twice a week to start, as it can help remove the top layer of dry skin.

Re: What were your clean beauty favourites in dry regions, for 2020?

Hi! When I was living in a cold winter climate I preferred a cream cleanser to a gel one, it always felt more gentle on my skin, especially in the wind and snow which my skin was not used to. I really like the Greek Yogurt cleanser from Korres and the Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream from Youth to the People. Otherwise the French brand Avène has always been a go-to for moisture and soothing. It's always good to add in something like the Hyaluronic Acid serum from The Ordinary for added moisture as well. Hope this helps!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing