Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

What are the best cruelty free mascaras?

I used to have a mascara i loved but the brand tests on animals and now I'm not sure what mascara I should use. Any suggestions?

Re: What are the best cruelty free mascaras?

@Thischickagain I used to be a big fan of the Loreal Voluminous mascara as well - my mascara style is definitely dark, full volume and long (which is why i rarely use just one mascara to nail the look). That being said - i tried the Kosas Mini The Big Clean Longwear Volumizing + Lash Care Mascara 0.17oz/ 5 g and LOVE it. If you're going for a voluminous, dark lash look, this is a great option. I personally found it exceptional at holding a curl (even when i didn't use an eyelash curler).

As per Cruelty-Free Kitty, the brand doesnt test on animals, use suppliers that test on animals, and isn't sold in countries where animal testing is required. It's also denoted as a Clean product as per Sephora's criteria, but I will mention that not all Kosas products are vegan. I couldn't find any information to confirm that this mascara was, so I'm going to assume it isnt. That being said, I have sensitive eyes and this doesn't irritate them. I did a little research, and looks like it is 91% top allergen free (gluten, coconut, lanolin, parabens, soy, etc)

Hello😄! I highly recommend trying one or both of the Ilia mascaras! Ilia is a cruelty-free and clean brand, and as someone with sensitive eyes and is picky with mascara, I love both!

ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 

ILIA Fullest Volumizing Mascara Classic Black 

@Thischickagain  Is your former favorite mascara full-on glam or "my lashes but better"? 

Charlotte Tilbury doesn’t do any animal testing, and some of their products are vegan. (Non-vegan mascaras usually contain natural beeswax.) Ditto for ILIA and Wander Beauty. 

Tarte's another option. Their mascaras are hit-or-miss for me, but none of them hurt my fairly sensitive eyes—which I can't say for 90+% of mascaras on the market. 

I used Loreal. I loved their voluminous mascara

That's such a bummer when a brand you love loses sight of the ethics it once stood for @Thischickagain - would you mind sharing which brand this was? It's rare but this does happen so always good to know when there are changes! I try to shop vegan and cruelty-free so sharing a few of my favorites that fit both criteria

tarte SEA Surfer Curl™ Volumizing Mascara Black or any tarte mascara 

Tower 28 Beauty MakeWaves Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara Jet 

I haven't tried it but have heard rave reviews for Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara Black 

I haven't had much luck with the formula but some people really love the Pacifica Big Mood mascara as well!

Hope this helps 🙂 

I used the Loreal voluminous mascara before and really liked it, but I would rather support a company that doesn't test on animals.

I was using Loreal but I do love tarte so I'll have to look into that 😄

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing