Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Vitamin C please

I use olehenriksen truth serum and LOVE the results I get from it but I want to see if I can find a more affordable vitamin c serum that works just as good. Any suggestions ??

OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum Hydrating Vitamin C Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  dupes ?

Re: Vitamin C please

Ive heard nothing but good things about the Inkey list, and I know they're affordable but they're usually always sold out.

@etufino  The first kinda-sorta-similar and less expensive product that comes to mind is Maelove Glow Maker, available for about $28 USD direct from the brand. Glow Maker contains 15% of vitamin C's pure form, ascorbic acid, so it may be stronger than Truth Serum. (I don't know the % of vitamin C derivative in Truth Serum.) And it doesn't contain collagen but, to me, that's not a negative*. It does contain some other ingredients found in Truth Serum but not the fragrance/perfuming components (limonene, linalool, and whatever "aroma/flavor" really is in Truth Serum's INCI list). 

Glow Maker's INCI list: 

Spoiler
Water (Aqua), Ascorbic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Ferulic Acid, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Callus Culture Extract, Ethylhexyglycerin, Maltodextrin, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol

*About topically applied collagen: 

Spoiler
Because of collagen's large molecular size, I'm not convinced it can sink deep enough into skin (when applied topically) to be effective. Neither are some dermatologists. There are other ingredients that have a better chance of penetrating deeply to stimulate collagen production (retinoids, peptides, etc.). Eh, it doesn't hurt to have collagen as an ingredient in skincare products. But I wish brands would stop highlighting it as a key ingredient in topical cosmetic products. 

@etufino The Ordinary Vitamin C serum The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% 1 oz/ 30 mL definitely works, but it is stronger than the Truth Serum, and pills a lot, so you have to let it sit for at least 30 min before makeup. The Missha Vita C Plus Spot Correcting and Firming Ampoule is more affordable (although not cheapest).

Both the ordinary and inkey list have affordable vitamin C products.  Not sure which one would be an exact dupe, but the ordinary website has great info and a skincare questionnaire that can help @etufino 

@etufino You can try Naturium Vitamin C found at Target.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing