cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Talc free setting powder

Hey everybody,

I have been looking for a talc free powder for 2 years. Been trying as I go. So far I’ve tried hourglass which was really nice, but opted for something a little cheaper with now using bare minerals - mineral veil, I’m not a big fan of this as it dries my skin and leaves what I think is a dust in my face- some type of cast. 
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good one with a reasonable price, and works for a dark skin complexion? Loose powder is better for me.

Re: Talc free setting powder

@quesspee Hi there! I’m also always on the lookout for talc-free makeup, but one that’s great for sensitive skin (always fragrance-free). My aunt loves the Nars Light Reflecting Powder. I’ve only tried the pressed, which is perfect for keeping me from having raccoon eyes. She also loves the loose version, which is also talc-free. I know she’s moved onto Becca and others, but so far the Nars has been best for setting my under eyes.

I also have super dry skin, and use Becca’s hydrating loose powder for all over the face. However, it never set my under eyes well enough, so I stick with Nars for there. My aunt has also mentioned It Cosmetics as another setting powder, but I haven’t personally tried it. I’m pretty sure It Cosmetics stays talc-free, but can’t completely remember. Hope all that helps. Please let us know what works best for you!

Thank you! 

Hi @quesspee ! bareMinerals makes a few different versions of their Mineral Veil powder. Did you try the Hydrating one, or one of the other versions? 

Have you ever tried Glossier Wowder? Its ingredients are similar to Hourglass Veil's, but Wowder contains kaolin clay. If you have oily or normal skin, Wowder could be a good match. For dry skin, the clay might end up being too drying. I haven't tried this powder on my own mostly-dry combo skin. 

The only other talc-free option that springs to mind (that costs less than Hourglass Veil) is ILIA Soft Focus Finishing Powder Fade Into You . I haven't tried that one either, but I know someone with combo skin who loves it. 

My favorite setting powder contains talc and is kinda pricey (By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder), otherwise I'd recommend it. Charlotte Tilbury makes a talc-free loose setting powder but I think it's about the same price as Hourglass's. 

I use the ilia soft focus powder and it’s amazing and I have dry skin. I really enjoy using it and never shows dry patches.

@WinglessOne Wow so many options, thanks! I currently use the original mineral veil. 

I’m combination skin, so I think I’m gonna look into the ILIA, and Charlotte tilbury.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing