cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Struggles with makeup

Spoiler

Seems like no matter what my skincare routine is and what primer and foundation I use, it seems to cling to my dry areas and emphasize them. Skin care: Wash with La Roche Posay 2x daily, moisturize with Youth to the People in the morning after toning with Witch Hazel. Use rosehip oil overnight. I also struggle with very large pores and acne Primer used currently: Milk blur stick. Tried: Milk Hydrogrip, Tarte poreless primer, and BareMinerals anti redness primer. Foundation used currently: Rare beauty, previously used: Tarte Amazonian clay foundation. I use the Lawless setting powder as I struggle with oily skin. How can I avoid having my foundation kind of "cling" to my dry areas and in creases? Help!

Re: Struggles with makeup

I have struggled with this!  I addressed my skincare.  It’s important to address that first.  Are you drinking enough water, are you over toning your face (maybe try holding back on products that are drying). If you have combo skin, use the tonor on the oily areas, skip the dry areas.  Exfoliate but don’t over do it....and use a super gentle exfoliate.

I use skin polish 2 times a week, I use a cleanser that doesn’t need a toner now.  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing